The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Electronic boost guage

markjodrell

Recently brought an electronic boost guage, I thought it would simply wire in somewhere so I was surprised to find all the associated tubing , as you get with a mechanical guage with the addition of an electronic sensor that conects to the plumbing.

Is this normal or do some electronic guages simply wire in???

Mine is definatley classed as electronic :search: :search:

Yes that's normal as the gauge still requires a boost source to measure from. I found that you only have to run one signal wire into the cabin with my Blitz MD gauge. You connect the hose to a sensor which then has the wire that runs through the bulkhead to the gauge (obviously then you need your power feeds and earths etc. in the dash). So really there's not too much difference to a mechanical gauge, as you'd have to run the hose through the bulkhead with that.

Yes that's normal as the gauge still requires a boost source to measure from. I found that you only have to run one signal wire into the cabin with my Blitz MD gauge. You connect the hose to a sensor which then has the wire that runs through the bulkhead to the gauge (obviously then you need your power feeds and earths etc. in the dash). So really there's not too much difference to a mechanical gauge, as you'd have to run the hose through the bulkhead with that.

Cheers Mate:D