The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pipe nightmare

JamesC

I'm trying to get my boost guage fitted and having a bit of a mare getting the pipe through the bulkhead. I've read the threads about it and because mine is a manual i have to take it through the yellow grommit in the passenger footwell. I'm guessing this is the one here:

I'm using a coathanger to push through the grommit, but then its going into the wing and there's only a small hole. Is it supposed to go in there and how do i get it out of here?

Cheers

Mine is a manual and i used the large opening in the drivers side, it is much easier.

I ran the pipe into the drivers side first but couldn't find anywhere to go through so took the dash back off and left it in the passenger footwell! Bugger. Anyone got a photo of where this large opening is ;)

I ran my amp cable this way but fed it into the wing first from engine bay and removed the inner wing plastic guard just enough to get access and push the cable through the yellow grommit into the cabin.

It's a bit of a PITA.

I took a few of the bolts out of the arch liner to see if i could do this but it didn't really move at all so i gave up on that idea too :banghead: Yes i am hopeless! lol

Yopu need to lie down on the floor of the drivers footwell and look up past the fuses and wires get a mate to poke a coat hanger down through the opening, then attach some string to it and get him to pull it back through, attach the boost piping to the string and carefully pull it through.