The mkiv Supra Owners Club

It's gonna be expensive!

slow_matt

I'm starting to realise how much remedial work i'm going to have to do now to get my supra up to scratch. It aint gonna be pretty. After cleaning the old girl today I reversed her to clear the rust from the discs. Then as I accelerated back down my drive, the back of the car felt like it had two flat tyres as it snaked about at low speed. Looking at the tyres from underneath, the left rear tyre is 75% totally slick, about 3mm tread on edge showing. And the right hand side has about 5mm with 50% slick towards the inside edge. I'm guessing that the rear bushes have been shafted for some time with the rear tyres lasting less than 5000miles again!

Also the front brakes have a decent lip on them.

So she needs new bushes, tyres, geo check, brakes and a cambelt.

That'll be £2k

Welcome to supra ownership!

I'm having it off my dad. It's only ever gone to toyota to be worked on and they've only ever done what the service book says.

£750 for some new toyos, £750 for few discs and pads, then bushes and geometry. Gonna have to keep it laid up now as that's a couple of months spare cash for me.

£750 for some new toyos, £750 for few discs and pads, then bushes and geometry. Gonna have to keep it laid up now as that's a couple of months spare cash for me.

Speak to Steve Manley in my sig, I got a complete set of UK spec discs delivered for approx £450 and then speak with Chris Wilson on here for a set of pads.

What size tires are you after, if its stock 17" then goto http://www.mytires.co.uk and get some delivered, for general road use Goodyear Eagle F1s GSD3 are a good all weather setup and should not cost £750.

:cool:

Speak to Steve Manley in my sig, I got a complete set of UK spec discs delivered for approx £450 and then speak with Chris Wilson on here for a set of pads.

What size tires are you after, if its stock 17" then goto http://www.mytires.co.uk and get some delivered, for general road use Goodyear Eagle F1s GSD3 are a good all weather setup and should not cost £750.

:cool:

Cheers for that, unfortunately they are Karn RSC 19" wheels so they are going to rinse me big time. The brakes sound a bit more like it, had a look on motorsportworld website and almost cacked myself at the price on there! Pleased there seems to be a real good network of enthusiasts that should save me a few bucks.

I'm having it off my dad. It's only ever gone to toyota to be worked on and they've only ever done what the service book says.

You've been ripped off fella. Time to find a better garage.