The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What to do with a grand?

blert596

I've just been able to get a grand to spend an my 94 NA and am in a bit of a quandry as to what to do.

I've go a few things I need to have done to the car. The front bumper is cracked/scratched, and there's a quite a large stone chip in the bonnet.

But the main problem is that I think the car needs work on the mechanical side of things, but my very poor mechanical knowledge means I haven't really got a clue.

I'm pretty sure the cars not performing as well as it used to. And there's justa feelingthat i get every now and then that things arent right with it. I also think the suspensions very hard and clunky and just "doesn't feel right".

I guess I'm after some good advice at to who I could drop the car off to and know that they would have a THOROUGH inspection of it, and come up with the best way to get it running optimally, for the money I have.

I know a grands not exactly a lot to be spending on the car, but I'd rather have it spent on things that NEED doing to impove its running than just on the cosmetics.

Any advice appreciated. Ta.

Billy

Has your car been serviced at all mate??

If you have a grand then id get a good service done on it?? Timming belt, all Fluids etc, plugs. Then the money left over you can do what you like with it??

Or save it for some tasty mods.

The Garage

AVA Turbo's??

Dastek(Dalgety Bay, Edinburgh)

Only thing is people have got good and bad things to say about Tuning places, so its up to you who you go for in the end. Best bet is down south, loads of places you can go for??

Did you know about the meet today at Hamilton Retail park, good few cars turned up.

G.

Has your car been serviced at all mate??

If you have a grand then id get a good service done on it?? Timming belt, all Fluids etc, plugs. Then the money left over you can do what you like with it??

Or save it for some tasty mods.

The Garage

AVA Turbo's??

Dastek(Dalgety Bay, Edinburgh)

Only thing is people have got good and bad things to say about Tuning places, so its up to you who you go for in the end. Best bet is down south, loads of places you can go for??

Did you know about the meet today at Hamilton Retail park, good few cars turned up.

G.

The car was serviced at The Garage at Christmas and hasn't really done too much mileage since.

In an ideal world I'd like someone to take ownership of it and just come back and say "we'll I recommend that you need to do this and that, then later on you may ned to do x and y".

What I dont want is droping my car off and then someone looking at it for whats best for them. and a couple of days later things seem back to normal.

Sorry, I didnt know about the meet, I really would have liked to attend. I really need to have a check out of other Supes to see if mine is performing poorly.

I've sent you PM mate.