The mkiv Supra Owners Club

its a myth ---n/a plug change

Dave

i removed the 6 bolts that hold the inlet manifold to the throttle body the air intake pipe up to the throttle body the 4 bolts that hold the throttle body to the engine [underneath t/body] the two vac pipes ,engine breather pipe ,and vac pipe ,and the two electrical plugs on the throttle bodie the gasket on the inlet manifold is metal so just pull off the throttle body slowly re-used mine .then you just push the t/body to the side so you can get to no 4 plug and pull it the other way to get at no 5 EASY.dont remove the water pipes not needed.:D im well chuffed just took the car for a spin and the difference is really noticeable.brought them from here http://search.stores.ebay.co.uk/MNC-AUTOMOTIVE-LTD_bkr5eya-11_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ4QQfsnZMNCQ20AUTOMOTIVEQ20LTDQQfsooZ2QQfsopZ2QQfsubZ5861245QQftsZ2QQsaselZ181761678QQsatitleZbkr5eyaQ2d11QQsofpZ0 delivered in 2days and only £1.65 each

you need to remove the plastic thingy that holds all the plugs leads its creamy coloured.youll see it when you take off the cover[remember which way they come out ]

What tools you need? I'm tempted to strip mine :D

12mm socket -12mm ring spanner-spark plug socket-pliers-phillips screwdriver.

i was dreading doing this but once you start you realise how easy it is .according to toyota its a 4hour job, yeah right i reckon i could do it again in less time

Guest Geneb
12mm socket -12mm ring spanner-spark plug socket-pliers-phillips screwdriver.

i was dreading doing this but once you start you realise how easy it is .according to toyota its a 4hour job, yeah right i reckon i could do it again in less time

must admit i was tempted to do it on my N/A but chickened out at the thought of breaking something.

I'm so inadequate... Took me a day and then I had to get a new throttle body as I bent mine... Never ever ever ever ever again...

How in gods name did you bend your throttle body? Were you standing on it or something :)