The mkiv Supra Owners Club

this car makes me wanna sell my supra

Guest Geneb

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Something wrong with you Andy!! You wan't to start leasing cars for a week, rather than buying them!:p

Love this quote......."I have owned it for about 20 months and it'll be sad to see it go!" Yeah and I bet it has depreciated like a falling stone too....:rolleyes:

H.

Guest Geneb
That makes me think you own a NA

Nah i have a TT but once you have had a car its time for something new, and to TBH that Alfa does look sweet and i know it aint as quick as the TT but just look at the styling.

Nah i have a TT but once you have had a car its time for something new, and to TBH that Alfa does look sweet and i know it aint as quick as the TT but just look at the styling.

Had a Supra 11 years ago when I was 20 ended up with a different car and then spent the next six years dreaming of another supra.

May buy another car but will always keep the Supra. Used to see the odd one about when hadn't got one and kept thinking I have to have another.

You would get board of the alfa very quickly

Guest Geneb
But once you have had a car its time for somthing new? wtf?

You've not even had the TT a week yet

yes i know a week but it's just the same as my N/A but quicker

don't get me wrong the supra is a Lovely car but the car is starting to look dated.

yes i know a week but it's just the same as my N/A but quicker

don't get me wrong the supra is a Lovely car but the car is starting to look dated.

It's hard to believe it looks that much more dated than it did a week ago!

Had a Supra 11 years ago when I was 20 ended up with a different car and then spent the next six years dreaming of another supra.

May buy another car but will always keep the Supra. Used to see the odd one about when hadn't got one and kept thinking I have to have another.

You would get board of the alfa very quickly

I kind of had the opposite experience. I had a Supra about 8 or 9 years ago and loved it. I decided last year to buy one again - and although I quite like it, it doesn't live up to my memories.

I actually thought this was a piss take!;)

Dated in comparison to the alfa??

lemme see your supra so I can understand??

The supra has timeless looks, that alfa looks 80's

I actually thought this was a piss take!;)

Dated in comparison to the alfa??

lemme see your supra so I can understand??

The supra has timeless looks, that alfa looks 80's

Actually, I'm not sure I agree with this. Although I don't think it's dated much in the last week, I do think the Supra does look a little dated and I certainly wouldn't call it timeless. The big fixed spoiler is very 80s (even though it's a 90s car) - the spoilerless look isn't quite so dated.

Yeah but that Alfa looks like a tart's car.

I can't understand Geneb getting another Supe anyway, all he ever does is moan about them.

Yeah but it's the quality of the moaning that counts Jake! ;)

I also think this is a piss take from my respected friend. You've had a TT a week and your still looking at other cars. I reckon you have far too much money Andy....:innocent:

H.

The only Alfa I'd consider buying (other than a certain classic I'd never afford) is the Brera. Beautiful looking car...but I wouldnt buy one as Im only 47.

As to the Supra / Timeless subject....the interior may be a little dated, but the basic shape is just dead on. The new Jag coupe / Astons / a couple of front engined Ferraris have a very similar shape and proportion. A 1989 / 90 design maybe, but the basic classic shape itself is timeless.

The only Alfa I'd consider buying (other than a certain classic I'd never afford) is the Brera. Beautiful looking car...but I wouldnt buy one as Im only 47.

As to the Supra / Timeless subject....the interior may be a little dated, but the basic shape is just dead on. The new Jag coupe / Astons / a couple of front engined Ferraris have a very similar shape and proportion. A 1989 / 90 design maybe, but the basic classic shape itself is timeless.

I wouldnt say the supra looks that dated as its pretty similar shape to the current sports cars that are coming out of japan at the moment and nobody ever accuses the japs of being dated that would just be contradictory, any way its all down to personal oppinion i still think from the front the mk 3 is still one of the nicest cars toyota has made.

Guest StevenSheen

I am possibly the biggest Alfa fan here, having owned 6 of them, ranging from 155 silverstone's to 3.0 166 Lusso's, and I love them, they are made with a passion only the italians can muster.

But I think the GTV is quite possibly the ugliest squashed up little thing they ever churned out, also unlike the fantastic 156/166 that joined the alfa lineup during the mid/late 90's the GTV is true old school....i.e unreliable, horrid driving position and dated,in 95 when it was released it was considered dull and uninvolving to drive...so I cant imagine that aspect has improved with age.

(This coming from a man whose new method of transport is a mountain bike due to the supra being in the shop):D

I think the only cars I would consider selling the Supra for would be the Aston DBS or the new Maserati GranTurismo.

But if I could afford one of those I'd probably keep the Supra anyway jus because the looks are so similar. :)