The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hks Bov

grahamc

I had one of these things on the car when I got it, but after driving it for the first time the other weekend, I have realised that I dont like it... Not even going to go into what it sounds like.... :blink:

What can I do to make it quieter (different inserts)?

Or what other BOV is better, perhaps one that recirculates?

I had one of these things on the car when I got it, but after driving it for the first time the other weekend, I have realised that I dont like it... Not even going to go into what it sounds like.... :blink:

What can I do to make it quieter (different inserts)?

Or what other BOV is better, perhaps one that recirculates?

You can get different inserts for the hks, gold and purple ones, one of them is lounder and one is quieter, dont no whcih way round tho.....

are you sure your bov is working ok (can they break :search: ) as ive got a hks bov aswell and it sounds good, not that loud really - i cant hear it above the stereo when its on average volume.

putting a different insert in does make quite a difference though - so this may sort it out

how about some party blowers attached to the outlet?

i got to try this :D

:D :d :D

Not 100% sure on which insert is in there now, but I think its the purple. Every HKS BOV I have heard has been really loud, seems like its everyones first choice.

SUPRACHARGED - what colour is the insert in your one?

Anyone know which insert is which?

Well I like the sound of wastegates and the ford focus rally car (waste gate chatter)... not so much a fan of the chirping BOV.