The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP please, DIY ideas needed

Mas

Managed to fit the AVCR in the top golve box , its gone as good as I wanted but now need to know how to cover the edges/cuts around the unit as it looks not very nice.

any idea what I could use to cover the edges, something to make the unit stand out even better, like metal or plastic frame or something?!!

thanks

I'll think of some thing..

helpful as always :thumbs:

by the way was thinking about making a wooden frame or something and spray it, to fit around it, but cant think of anything that looks good enough when done :(

Its quite simple mate

get some thick masking tape and put a few layers on the glove box lid

Buy one sheets of fibre or pre mixed stuff

Layer it on the tape - do not go round edges or you will not get it off :)

when dry sand , and apply filler + after finishing filler stuff.

Sand Sand .......... and then prob a little bit more sanding !!

then you have a copy of the shell _ will fit nice and tight.

glue some brackets to edges.

Thata a realy realy quick guide. You can do the same for boot installs if you want to make a box that fits exact to wheel wells.

should have just put it in the headlining :)

that was my first thought, but gave up because 1- is a hell of a job 2- you really can't read the screen good enough!

so went for this one, Im very happy with the fit and position now but just want to cover the edges to give it a better finish ;)

Before you go and start the clean up / surround idea, maybe you should have a think about where you located it? IMHO, that isn't the best place to have it as you will not easily be able to see the read out or alter anything from the drivers seat. :(

CJ mate, if you look at the unit you see I agled the unit facing down abit and facing more to the driver side , tbh as a passenger you can't see the screen as good as when you driving the car! as its facing the driver more than the passenger !