The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Massive thanks to Rich (Trick TT) for getting my car sorted!

Sheefa

Went to Rich's today in the morning and have spent about 6 hours there.:)

He drained out my oil, an extra 1 - 1.5litres over the full amount was in there, cleaned my O2 sensor in Lemon Juice and fiddled with the RLTC settings to prevent the hard cuts I've been having. The AFRs have also improved massively since the clean.

Still got smoking issues, but NOWHERE near as bad. Think it's because of the 0 - 40W oil in there. We took it for a run and still believe it could be a second turbo oil seal that's the cause, it doesn't seem to do it on number 1 at all, only when 2 kicks in, and sometimes on the overrun.

Still, I'm gonna run it for a week or so, clock up some good miles and hopefgully the smoke will go as it could just be residue in the FMIC, boost piping etc.

Once again Thanks Rich, really, really appreciate it mate and the speaker brackets look mint! :D

Greg

Wasnt it noted that 0 weight oils can slip past the oil control/piston rings? get it swapped for some 5 or 10

Glad other problems are sorted tho greg :)

Edit, this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=56684

NB: Mobil1 0wxx has been known to get passed the piston rings and cause excessive oil consumption. I would recommened ALL 0wXX oils are avoided. 5W is the lowest I would use.

The wheel settings Pete. My tyre dimensions were set wrong mate and he set the smoothing level to 1 and changed over to Terminators Dry Dat file :) All seems good. No stupid hard cuts.

Tell me about the oil, I didn't put it in matey! Going for some 10-50 ;)

I use the Valvoline 5-50 stuff, and tbh it looks really watery, thinking of changing mine to some 10w soon. Need to research more tho :)

thats the stuff i use. oil change every 4500 miles had no problems with it:)

Thanks Greg. Just finishing off a few jobs on it really.

I didn't recommend the 0w-40 oil, it was some that Greg had with him and we just put a bit in to get the oil level spot on after draining off where it had been overfilled. I use and recommend Silkolene ProS 10w-50.

The wheel settings Pete. My tyre dimensions were set wrong mate and he set the smoothing level to 1 and changed over to Terminators Dry Dat file :) All seems good. No stupid hard cuts.

Huh? Who had it after I saw it then because I made a point of putting those in properly.

I wonder if it lost it's settings for some reason? Probably when the alarm was refitted etc?

It wasn't on the basic .dat file Pete. From the datalog trace i would say the fronts were set 5% out on the profile as the rltc picked up the two front wheels as turning faster than the rears. I set the smoothing to 1 because I had some issues with mine cutting in strange places (not as bad as Gregs though) and this seemed to cure it for me. I also got rid of the inline fuse and replaced it with a proper blade fuse and holder.

I have to say, although I understand CW's reasons for hardwiring the rltc into the ecu, for diagnostic reasons, I would have fitted it using the multiplugs and crimped and soldered the wires to the terminals.

Some of the existing wiring to the ecu (definately not done by Chris) for the boost cut and speedo converter is a bit of a mess (scotchlock anyone?:thumbdown:) and although I havn't changed it yet, I would recommend that they are redone if Greg still has problems.

Thanks Rich - yep, wiring is a priority, but not the highest at the moment.

Took my car out today for a 30minute spin and it pissed out plumes of white smoke again. Left 2 massive oil patches up front on the drive and by the rear exit mate. It cleared briefly for an idle drive for about 3-4 mins, but then came back again MASSIVELY on boost. Gutted again.

I don't know whether to get the Turboseals checked, Piston Rings possibly still or just refill with fresh 10-50 oil and a new TRD Oil Filter? I don't want to waste £80 on new oil and filter if it's going to keep doing it! :(

Greg

Took my car out today for a 30minute spin and it pissed out plumes of white smoke again. Left 2 massive oil patches up front on the drive and by the rear exit mate.

Greg, it sounds as if you're driving the James Bond Aston Martin with all of those oil slicks and smoke distraction systems fitted as standard.

Am I right eh?;)

It's a joke mate. Was a good day with Rich yesterday and even though it smoked a bit, it suddenly cleared up fine and was running well, occasional smoking on and off boost.

Today, it's the opposite and that was giving it a good run. Parents are pissed as it's a new driveway too and it's stained. Aghhhhhhh!!!!!!!! So damn annoying. My car is yet to be sorted properly, again, since I got it back in July!

The thick plumes of smoke certainly left some cyclists unhappy today!

Oh Greg... :(

I'm in despair for you mate.

Thanks Pete. Sadly nothing seems to go right at all.

It could well be the piston rings or turbo oil seals, no idea. Think I'm going to let Chris have a look.........if there's time. :(

Bloody hell Greg :( I knew I should have put a match to it at when I saw you at Rich's.

Thinking about it now after our chat it just sounds like you need to get the turbos sorted. Get them checked and fixed and I think you will be happy.

Don't worry everyone, after I shook Gregs hand on Saturday I quikly ran off to wash off any bad luck Greg may have passed to me :D

Bloody hell Greg :( I knew I should have put a match to it at when I saw you at Rich's.

Thinking about it now after our chat it just sounds like you need to get the turbos sorted. Get them checked and fixed and I think you will be happy.

Don't worry everyone, after I shook Gregs hand on Saturday I quikly ran off to wash off any bad luck Greg may have passed to me :D

Bastard! :p Yeah, yeah, so who do we think will be the Dragonball Victim this year then :innocent: