The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fitted UK brakes

Guest mk47

Got a set of UK brakes early this week.. Refurbed the calipers yesterday as they had a very ugly gold paint job on them, so removed all that and painted them in a nice satin black.

Had these fitted this evening and after a couple of problems got them on and they look great, the pads are still bedding in but seem to be a lot better than my old jspec.

All in all - a happy maz :D

Greg, they're deffo worth upgrading to if you're considering it :)

Hmm, well got a lot to think about car wise tbh at the moment. Keep or get rid, I keep changing my bloody mind! UK brake setup would mean new wheels too which is clearly not a cheep route to go down! :)

Need a good ride in a UK brake setup really.

Good job Maz. You going to go for the rears too to keep the balance throughout on par?

Can you REALLY feel a massive difference, proper road test yet? ;)

yes will be going for rears but probably in a couple of months. spent loads on the car this last week or so and again at the end of the month for a few cosmetic upgrades :)

ive not had the chance to test them properly yet, i thought id give it some miles first and let the pads bed in first and then ill put them to the test and see how they compare.. having said that my jspec really scared me today on the m69..

It was such a nervous time while they were being fitted, as first we had to kind of modify the dust plate (i didnt want to remove this completely) and then the moment of truth.. as i wasnt sure the wheels would clear them but they did :D