The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/A Vs Scooby

chilly

Was on my way home from the mecca of Alnwick, when turning onto the country lane back to my house i noticed a Scooby WRX up my arse.

I thought right then you might have the more powerful car but these are my roads!

So foot down and away we go! It was like i was towing a caravan he was that close. However the corners were mine. Managed to pull away from him on the tight bends. But on the straight the smug bstard was there again.

He never managed to pass me though, a triumph for the Supe!

God i wished i had a turbo!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i postd up in the 'spirited drivng chronicles' about a drive which involved my supe and a wrx, cant seem to find it now. he was in front but i kept up pretty easily.

no doubt someone will be along soon to say different though.

na's also have a higher top end

I thought the Scooby would have been pretty decent in the bends too! The NA's power band seems to be at 4K revs. Been really surprised how fast mine picks up at the higher rev range, feels like a turbo at times...:D

I reckon actually having a turbo on top of that power would be the death of me...:rolleyes:

H.

The only reason i pulled away on the bends is cos i know the road well. He had a nice blonde piece in the front so was obviously telling her to watch me blow away this old Supra. He looked furious as a pulled into my drive.

no doubt someone will be along soon to say different though.

Me. Me :D

Owned both and WRX would own the Supra in every way apart from the looks and maybe spoiler size ;)

Still prefer the Supra but no contest I'm afraid.

Theres not that much difference top end though(waiting to get nailed on this one!) i thought that once you got the initial boost from the turbo(s), they were pretty similar. obviously top speed is more on a tt.

I'm waiting to put right by the tt owners.

I have limited knowledge on how it all works.

No it's my opinion based on owning both cars, how can it be wrong?

my mgf felt quicker excelarating from stand still but i know in the real world it isnt. how a car feels isnt enough to prove your opinions right.

ive raced a wrx and yes it over took at around 35mph but that was it.

another occasion he was behind my as we were doing around 70mph. could he overtake??? nope

my mgf felt quicker excelarating from stand still but i know in the real world it isnt. how a car feels isnt enough to prove your opinions right.

ive raced a wrx and yes it over took at around 35mph but that was it.

another occasion he was behind my as we were doing around 70mph. could he overtake??? nope

I don't need to prove my opinion, it's just an opinion but one that is based on a year of ownership with both cars concerned.

But as long as your happy, dispute to your hearts content :p

Back at ya Todd. It boils down to a lot of things. Especially the balls of the driver of the car. How fast and how many chances are you willing to take.

But on a runway, no bends, speed limits, BMW drivers etc.

I reckon the Scooby has it, even if they do look shit!!

how long is this runway as im sure the supra na has a higher top speed than the wrx. do the maths

I'd love it to be true.

What we need is some true facts and figures. Maybe someone over the weekend, one of the rich single turbo members with their own runway can arrange a race and post video clips on here!!