The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone running Hybrids??

Geo

Go for J spec hybrids with steel turbines (bigger turbine) and a bigger compressor.

See if anyone does a Garrett GT2860R (GT28RS) "Disco Potato" compressor wheel conversion sized at 47.2mm inducer & 60.1mm exducer (62 trim).

The ones I have (in pieces!!) are the slightly smaller Garrett T04E (part number 409096-0013) compressor wheel that is 46.5mm inducer & 60.1 exducer (60 trim). I believe they are RPS stage 3???? They don't have a 360 degree bearing though.

Should give a higher safe boost capability than J spec (more so with the disco potato wheel as this is much more efficient then others) but will spool up a bit slower than the J spec turbos (due to heavier steel turbines and bigger compressors) and also slightly slower than the UK spec turbos (bigger turbine & compressor).

I'm running Envy Stage 3's Geo and they're pretty damn good, when my cars up and running well anyway! :)

I boost to 1.1 / 1.2 bar normally but have channel 4 set at 1.3 and it peaks at 1.35 occasionally. Very happy. I don't find them laggy at all, but then I haven't compared these with J-specs as they were fitted in the car when I got it. :)