The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Spraying my dash today - need help/advice pls

charlton

I'm spraying my dash today (a job I started last summer :D ) and I am having trouble removing two things.

I've tried removing the fag lighter but snapped a bit of that off so I am prepared to break that out and also cannot see how to remove the dash dimmer switch/knob.

I'd like to remove both without breaking them can anyone help?

Also while the weather is nice I will be spraying laquer on my spoiler to hopefully make it look good. Any tips on spraying as I will be doing the dash today as well

what colour you spraying it? I matched mine in white (see garage) looks alot different!

Like that Chilly!!

I was going to do mine a slightly less bright white if possible. I had never seen anyone do it before I saw yours!!;)

How long did it take you and were all the panels easy to get off?

H.

I'm afraid i took the easy option and got the guys at Envy to do it.

I was thinking of doing it myself, but i've got no patience with fiddly bits of plastic.

Besides i dont think i would have got the same finish. They used the same paint as the bodywork so got a nice hard finish.

I'm afraid i took the easy option and got the guys at Envy to do it.

I was thinking of doing it myself, but i've got no patience with fiddly bits of plastic.

Besides i dont think i would have got the same finish. They used the same paint as the bodywork so got a nice hard finish.

Would it be rude to ask how much they charged??

H.

It was part of other jobs i was getting done. Wing scratch, mirror respray a couple of minor dents and the calipers painted. All told it was £450, so i reckon the dash wouldn't have cost that much.

I reckon £100 tops.

If you are doing it yourself, by the time you dismantle, rub off all the rubber coating, sand it , prime it, spray it and then re-fit. I think it was money well spent.

At first i wasn't sure whether i liked it but i've added some Whifbitz speedo rings and i'm waiting on a TRD gear knob, gaiter, and handbrake cover.

i would do the dash your self mate.just take your time with it..but i did have the advantage of my supra being my weekend car...if you wanna any help just pm me mate

this is mine

from this

[qimg]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/DSC00089.jpg[/qimg]

to this

[qimg]http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/mplavery/DSC00122.jpg[/qimg]

Looking at your pic i see you have the Supra logo on the gear gaitor. Is that a ebay jobber, as i've just bought one but not fitted it yet.

How was it to fit, and pic aside does it look any good?

Looking at your pic i see you have the Supra logo on the gear gaitor. Is that a ebay jobber, as i've just bought one but not fitted it yet.

How was it to fit, and pic aside does it look any good?

yes it was a ebay job...its the same cut as the org and im really pleased with it..think it cost me £20

yes it was a ebay job...its the same cut as the org and im really pleased with it..think it cost me £20

The second pic, the handbrake, where did you get that from and how much? Looks really nice and I'm starting to add bits to my list of stuff to add while my car is off the road :)

Was it easy to fit? T.I.A. :)

what colour you spraying it? I matched mine in white (see garage) looks alot different!

Its going to be white the same as yours - I got a standard Toyota white spray from Halfords, so far so good but I havent sprayed it all yet.

Will post some pics up later once its done