The mkiv Supra Owners Club

new to this forum & owning a supra

Rollin_Thunder

got a couple of questions about simple mod's for my non turbo 1996 supra

i want to change the exhaust system & air filter but am unsure as to what i should get or where i should buy from... i bought it from the guys down at awesome imports in hallen

this is my supra :D oopss bad link... my bad maybe this link will work?

a dodgy night time shot of it

heres my mod's so far :sly: & you can see my standard back box

whats that RED button for?

its been slammed on the floor by 50mm all round (with non adjustable suspension d'oh) & has 3/4 veil side body kit & 18" black BK racing rims on this is how i bought it, the engine is unmolested so im sure theres plenty of room for mod's under the hood altho the advice ive been given so far is dont go to mad as its not really worth going OTT as its not a turbo...

:welcome: to the club

There are some very good traders on here (envy, whifbitz to name a few) and they are very helpful.

There are so many good exhausts out there it depends on what you're after? loud or not so loud?

Enjoy the ride!

thanks guys...

to be honest im getting a bit old now for loudness lol as i live on a main road so she stands out like a sore thumb, so i need it to be more power increasing than loudness as i don't want to attract any more attention to it than is necessary... which is kinda hard

in the rear of the side skirts im thinking off putting in a small blue LED cluster to give the rear a slight under belly glow what do you guys think to that?

Alot of people would stay to stick with your stock airbox, unless you get a decent induction kit and heatshield.

I have a NA as well and am resided to the fact that the only way I'm going to get way extra power is a turbo conversion.

On the exhaust front... I have an Apexi N1 and find this not to loud on idle and not overly intrusive when driving around.

I'm sure others will be along to give their opinions of exhausts they use and what they think.

EDIT: Also I think I'm right in saying that an induction kit and exhaust won't necessarily give you gains but more of a better response. (At least on our 10-15 year old cars)

fair comment will take that advice under consideration dude :)

i was going to buy a HKS induction kit (mushroom style) but i was advised against it as i wouldnt gain much from it...

i understand that about the NA & not looking at much of a BHP gain from those mod's

even standard its pretty fast & cannot fault the pick up time considering the age of it 11years old with 107k

but i just think that with a induction kit, performance spark plugs & leads & exhaust system it should be even better perhaps im wrong? :blink:

im shocked at just how thirsty mine is ive kaned 2 full tanks of fuel in less than 180 miles!! ok ok ive played a few times but still i cant help but think theres a problem with the fuel management system unless its just my heavy right foot? lol

i know this is prob a stupid question & i except "well take you foot of the throttle" comments :p

:hello: and welcome to the club.

I have a Blitz Realise TT fitted to my N/A - doesn't really add power, just helps it breathe a bit more easily. Think of it as a packet of Tunes for your engine. :D

This may do the trick for you - not massively loud, but just gives her a nice throaty growl that doesn't attract plod or make the chav Scooby owners too jealous. :cool:

thank you... these o2 sensors sound like the main culprits then... think it was john who said about soaking them in lemon juice ? after that blast over the weekend things seem to have settled down on the fuel drinking side of things for now...

im still going to look into sorting these sensors out though