The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie in Inverkeithing

Guest IainS

Guest IainS

Hi everybody,

Been trawling the website for a while to get tips on getting a decent supra - what a great bunch!!Taken a while to say hi because I've been really busy in work, but todays a bit slow so I've finally got a chance!!

Served my RWD apprenticeship in a mk1 MX5 1.8, broke my heart to sell her and I even shed a tear much to the amusement of my girlfriend!!Sad I know...but I hope I've moved on to bigger and better things - certainly bigger anyway!! Got a tidy manual n/a for now while i save up for a tt (and the associated insurance!), kinda like the second stage to my training!

So if you see a silver supra with proper shiny rims in and around Fife give me a flash (of your headlights ;) )

Cheers,

Iain

Guest IainS

Todd of the MX5 OC???Its a small world!!I live on Cameron Grove, up t'hill from you, walk past your house most days!Your 5 is nice, gorgeous colour, Fiat is nice too, I see that you've run out of japanese motors to buy - been up there a year and there a different car outside your house every week!! I'll stop say hi next time I see you polishing!

Todd of the MX5 OC???Its a small world!!I live on Cameron Grove, up t'hill from you, walk past your house most days!Your 5 is nice, gorgeous colour, Fiat is nice too, I see that you've run out of japanese motors to buy - been up there a year and there a different car outside your house every week!! I'll stop say hi next time I see you polishing!

Tis Me :D

Bloody 5 failed it's MOT so will be working on that all weekend :(

Don't worry, there will be another jap car.....before long. Enjoy your motor mate, cracking cars :)

Hi Ian, welcome to the site!

I'm from Arbroath but my girlfriend is from your neck of the woods. Kirkcaldy.

Rest assured if I see ya I'll give you a wave! I'll be the one taking it easy. I think its a bigger jump for me movin up from a vectra than for you movin up from a 5.

Enjoy the site!:)

Welcome on board Ian,saw you on Sunday Forth Bridge I was in the Castrol sup,did'nt get a very good look at your supra but i'm sure it is nice(all supras are in my eyes) take a little time to get used to it and you will have plenty of great times to come,cheers,nige.

Guest IainS

Cheers everyone, Nige, you and your mates inspired me to say hi to be honest!!

Mine is a bog standard manual sz, just got nice wheels, lowered bilstein springs and a powerflow exhaust, saving my money for a TT:d !

Surprised how easy it is to drive, the 5 was like a go kart-real good fun in the wet, and I thought the Supra would be a bit heavy and cumbersome, however its really quite agile and controllable and obviously much quicker with loads more grip!!

And its much better on the motorway, the Mazda would feel a little wobbly above 85 (even with 4 wheel alignment sorted)the Supra has so far reached 145 before it felt a little shaky ... thats 145kph honest!