The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hampshire mini-meet and barbecue

mawby

Given the success of the Portsmouth/Southampton mini-meet we've decided to hold another local meet in around a months time. :)

It's been suggested that we meet at the Royal Victoria Country Park which is again nicely situated between Portsmouth and Southampton and also sign posted from the motorway, so it should be nice and easy to find.

The intention is to organise a barbecue for this meet, but this will require us to know how many people want to go so it can be booked in advance. The site offers facilities for a small or large barbecue, catering for 25 or 100 people respectively, and at a cost of £20 or £40 respectively. This includes seating, parking and toilet facilities, which works out at only a pound per person if 20 people go and is cheaper than the cost of parking there! :D You will need to bring your own food to cook, and they don't provide charcoal, but neither of these should amount to much.

As before, there are a few dates to choose from. Which ever proves most convenient for the majority will win. All dates are for August and include...

16th (Saturday)

17th (Sunday)

23rd (Saturday)

24th (Sunday)

So if your interested in going then could you let us know here, including prefered dates or dates you know you can't make. I'll also need to know if you're interested in the barbecue, but please don't feel the barbecue is compulsory, your more than welcome just to come along to meet fellow Supra owners. :thumbs:

As this needs to be booked (and may need paying in advance, I'll enquire about that soon) we're going to need to arrange this quickly to make sure we get in, so please reply a.s.a.p. if your interested in joining us.

Hopefully the weather and turn out will be as good (if not better) than the last meet, which all who attended will agree was a great first meet for the area. :cool:

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Diary checked and can't see anything in there for any dates so I'll go along with the 17th.

mawby

millhouse

Scooter

pulse

Jive

B-B-Q sounds like a good idea.

Oh and mawby, don't forget the sun cream ;) :D

Originally posted by Jive

Oh and mawby, don't forget the sun cream ;) :D

Cheers mate! :D

Looks like the 17th wins then, I'll make some enquires to ensure we can book this date. I'll go for the smaller barbecue unless there's a sudden rush of people joining us!

mawby

millhouse

Scooter

pulse

Jive

I can't imagine more than 25 turning up anyway, but if they do then great! :)

Some people from further afield should come along to this one too if it's being organised properly with a BBQ and such, should try and turn it into a proper meet (hey, it only took an hour and a half to get down last time from Aylesbury, and was more than worth it, come on guys! :))

Btw, anybody searched for the 17th of August for clashing dates?

mawby

millhouse

Scooter

pulse

Jive

-p

Originally posted by pulse

Btw, anybody searched for the 17th of August for clashing dates?

-p

Nope but I'm sure Martin F will be along soon to point us in the direction of the search button ;) :D

mawby, do you want to put this in the calendar? Might be a good idea.

I did do a quick search and couldn't see any conflicts, but....

Originally posted by dude

Guys

no clashing dates but there is a meet in sussex the day before , you may be better leaving it another week or so .

John

I didn't think to do a search on the 16th. I don't know if this will be a big problem as it was posted 6 days ago and only a few people have shown interest. I might go myself if I know enough Supra people are going.

If enough people want to make our meet the week after then ok, but as it stands the 17th has a majority win.

Originally posted by dude

Guys

no clashing dates but there is a meet in sussex the day before , you may be better leaving it another week or so .

John

Can't people from here do both? :innocent:

Hmmmm B-B-Q two days running :cool:

Well if everyone on the list...

mawby

millhouse

Scooter

pulse

Jive

...can make the 24th then we can change it to this date if it helps. Is that ok for you millhouse, I know you prefered the 17th? It would also mean people could go to the Sussex meet on the 16th if they didn't want to go to two meets in the same weekend.

Like always, I'm easy, what ever the majority decide I'll go with, but lets decide soon. :)

I'd prefer the 17th, as my girlfriend will have disappeared back to the States again by the 24th and I'm sure she'd have enjoyed it, but oh well. Probably best this way anyway :)

24th is fine by me, but I'm going to blame you all if the weather is nicer on the 17th :D.

-p

Originally posted by pulse

I'd prefer the 17th, as my girlfriend will have disappeared back to the States again by the 24th and I'm sure she'd have enjoyed it, but oh well. Probably best this way anyway :)

24th is fine by me, but I'm going to blame you all if the weather is nicer on the 17th :D.

-p

Why not take her along to the Sussex meet? Myself and Jive will be going, along with some others from the forum.

Ok, just millhouse and Jive to agree and then that's confirmed. Will the 24th be ok with you JohnK? It had better be otherwise there's no point changing the date!

Time n' circumstances permitting

Earthrokka with the Westend Massive .. Allegedly..

Will bring a cow for BBQ is that enough ? .. thats for Roy only.. we'll have a horse on stand by in case he is still hungry .. u never know with that boy .. he might bite one of u :p

Peace n' love to the cruisers all around

I think, if we 're not carefull we could turn into a good bunch of Friends :eek: can't have that !

right - this is one cruise/meet i will really have to think about! :p

a real pity cuz i'm sure everyone else attending are a top bunch of people except that a certain dread-locked individual who thinks he can spin music (have you heard the crap he plays?) and pretends to be a DJ to pull girlz will be there!

sham - you realize that there are fewer n fewer places that will accept you these days (hence his having to go farther afield) coz they won't even want you back again apologize !

... and the only good friend you will ever know is that horror-bag reflection you see in the mirror everyday (if that judging by the dreads!!)