The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel advice.

Lukeyboy2k

I've been looking for some Super Advan Racing rims for ages (I know many of you don't like three spokes and think they should be left to the corsa and saxo boys, but I like them :tongue: ).

At present I have a totally stock 1993 RZ (on 16"s).

1) Will these fit? (bearing in mind I know very little about offsets etc).

2) Are they a good width?

3) Would they clear UK brakes?

4) Given the state of the tyres (and being different) would these probably need replacing?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/set-yoko-18-wheels-tyres-for-supra-3-yoko-1-hancook_W0QQitemZ230113505037QQcategoryZ9888QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Any input would be most appreciated - thanks.

You'll need to find out what width the actual wheels are, judging by the size of the tyres the rears should be wider. It says the wheels are 8.25" (actual width will be either be 8" or 8.5"), the rears should be wider on a Supra eg. 9" or 9.5".

You'll also need to find out what offset they are, I have attached a table for the Super Advan wheel showing the sizes and offsets that are available.

Also check with the seller if they are 114.3 PCD (114.3 is the correct PCD for the Supra, this is the diameter of an imaginary circle going through the centre of each of the bolt holes. As you can see on the attachment the wheels are also available with a 5 x 100 PCD, which won't fit.

Picture 1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the help Nic. The seller never responded so nothing happened there. :rolleyes:

I have my eyes on a similar set:

18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear

235/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear

PCD 114.3

which all seems fine to me. I asked the seller the offset and I was told :

"they're about 38."

Now, according to the advan table the fronts come in 37 and the rears 35?? So that seems fairly close - I'm not sure if the brake orientation then complicates things? Sorry for being a numpty but are these likely to rub?

Thanks for the help Nic. The seller never responded so nothing happened there. :rolleyes:

I have my eyes on a similar set:

18x8.5 front, 18x9.5 rear

235/40/18 front and 265/35/18 rear

PCD 114.3

which all seems fine to me. I asked the seller the offset and I was told :

"they're about 38."

Now, according to the advan table the fronts come in 37 and the rears 35?? So that seems fairly close - I'm not sure if the brake orientation then complicates things? Sorry for being a numpty but are these likely to rub?

+35-37 would fit okay front and rear and *should* at a guess fit the larger brake calipers, although it is very difficult to say for certain, without actually test fitting them. They will not rub on the wheel arches if that is what you meant.