The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interior Paint

morpheus1870

The inside of my 95 na is pretty dull at the momment so have decided to spice it up a bit with some interior paint. I've seen a few of you have used paint and the results look really good.

Is it difficult to do?

Is there a guide on how to remove the dash?

What is the process when painting?

Is a primer needed and do you use spray paint?

Any recomendations or advice on the paint to use?

Thanks all

Oh yeah and one other thing, anyone know where i can get this from?

http://www.isotta.com/picture/katiena/1285N.jpg

Cheers

I had mine refurbed at Envy (see garage). Looks a hell of a lot better. There was a post on here a few weeks ago. If you start off removing the ashtray, then gear surround. Then move around the dash in that direction, there are some screws to remove on the upper panel (above speedo), the rest just clip off. Be carefue not to use too much brute force as you will crack the clips.

Some of the panels will need to have the wiring behind them disconnected, just a case of pulling out the clips. May need to undo battery lead.

As for refurb, youe need to remove all the rubber coating on the panels, nail varnish remover and light sand papering. Once done, spray with primer and then a couple coats of spray paint.

Seems a lot of work to me hence why i got my done professionally.