The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Just Gone BPU- ****** hell

annan

Just taken the plunge and gone BPU after 3 years of Supra ownership . Made the trip today to Whifbitz in Enfield from South Croydon to have the job done.

The result- what a difference- the performance of the supe is now best described as savage- as the driver of a carrera 4s I met on the way home will verify- if he is honest!!!

Thanks to Paul and his team for a job well done.

For all your stockers out there............ you know what you have to do

Mike

I went BPU and I do not know what all the fuss is about, it does boost up quicker and feels a lot more urgent etc but the way people ranted and raved about it I was very very let down.

Can't have been done right surely??? It is a MASSIVE difference if you ask me, the best mod you can do short of going single

I went BPU and I do not know what all the fuss is about, it does boost up quicker and feels a lot more urgent etc but the way people ranted and raved about it I was very very let down.

BPU, both cats out, 1.2 Bar? and you did'nt notice the big jump in power?

Summit wrong with your car or your right foot:d

Can't have been done right surely??? It is a MASSIVE difference if you ask me, the best mod you can do short of going single

Done it 100% correctly it is not rocket science going BPU lol

BPU, both cats out, 1.2 Bar? and you did'nt notice the big jump in power?

Summit wrong with your car or your right foot:d

Yes boosting to 1.2 bar (although not now as Thor FCD going on) and my right foot is just fine ask Andy Hannah how my right foot is lol

I was expecting a lot more, just must have high expectations lol

Done it 100% correctly it is not rocket science going BPU lol

Yes boosting to 1.2 bar (although not now as Thor FCD going on) and my right foot is just fine as Andy Hannah how my right foot is lol

I was expecting a lot more, just must have high expectations lol

Did you get sorted today Mark?

:)

welcome to the BPU club ;)

I bit you re on 1.2 bar as all of us, but let me tell you how lovely a BPU supra will be once its running on 1.7 bar (I had mine to 1.7 while a go due to some errors in our bosst controller setting) :D

I could kill any car on the road that day but didnt take long and had it sorted ;)

I have the boost set at 1.25 bar on the controller. 1.7 bar sounds lethal- wouldn't that blow your engine/turbos up?

I opted for whifbitz stage 2 performance pack at £630 excl vat- check out their website- this includes full decat uprated fuel pump colder spark plugs and a greddy profec boost controller

I think the difference in performance is massive- It gives the supra the performance to take it into the 21st century.

:D Ive been BPU for ages mate, its just we played with the boost controller when fitted it couple of weeks ago and managed to somehow go to 1.7 bar, it was bloody scary to drive the car, but I had it sorted in a couple of days so no any harm done as far as I know :)

But surely if you have a restrictor ring in you shouldnt be able to overboost to 1.7?

I do have one too, but still went to 1.7 !!!! thats for when you havent got the bosst controller I assume once you have that you just adjust the bosst to what you like, and the reason aswell as the controller was the vsv and wastegage hose needed disconnecting which we didn't do that at the time ;)

I do have one too, but still went to 1.7 !!!! thats for when you havent got the bosst controller I assume once you have that you just adjust the bosst to what you like, and the reason aswell as the controller was the vsv and wastegage hose needed disconnecting which we didn't do that at the time ;)

ahh right, didnt know you could do that, i thought it would be impossible, because its physically restricted by the exhaust.