The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First Supra

AndyT

[/GRIN] Deposit down, Soop next week. See ya all soon hopefully. Won't be able to sleep though.

96 tt, 32k guaranteed, Janspeed tuned two way turbo??????? Help there. Approx 450 bhp. Have to wait for full report. Stock outside bar 17" MiM's. Will put up pics as soon as it's in me mitts.:)

:) :D [GRIN]:)
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_grin.gif

Thanks mate. Nor am I. But I do know Janspeed from old so it'll be straight forward to find out. Car has been owned by a doctor who imported it in 97. Only owner here. 9k price. Think that's good. What do you reckon? :D

Nice one..

Any word on fuelling? If its running stock 440s it wont be 450 bhp, and i would be worried about a Janspeed turbo in all honesty :(

Two way turbo is the stock description.

Yeah I know. Through me off too. I think the dealer's more green than I am. I did'nt find out about the conversion 'til after test drive. Haven't got the paperwork to cross check with.???? Yet.

Yeah I know. Through me off too. I think the dealer's more green than I am. I did'nt find out about the conversion 'til after test drive. Haven't got the paperwork to cross check with.???? Yet.

Thats a worry AndyT if the dealer doesn't know what he is actually selling. Is there anyone who can check this all out with you?

Hope everything is ok though mate!

Nothing better than getting your hands on such a beautiful car...;)

H.

Thats a worry AndyT if the dealer doesn't know what he is actually selling. Is there anyone who can check this all out with you?

Hope everything is ok though mate!

Nothing better than getting your hands on such a beautiful car...;)

H.

:) Cheers mate. I've got Homers excellent fuelling guide from tech. and Mawby's buying guide. I'm not too bad at stuff so I should be ok. Was owned by a Doc, probably moved up to Porsche or such, but the car is absolutely mint and obviously well cared for. Don't think he'll have gone cheap. :thanks: For the concern though. :)

Auto, folks. It's a Janspeed tune / conversion, as far as I can see. I'm trying to do the research now. I'll let you know asap.

Thanks for the input. :)

I would be slightly concerned mate, ive never heard of a tuning company called janspeed, there is an exhaust company called janspeed?

Also you should have researched first before you slapped your deposit down on the car

and welcome

Sorry for the lecture

I would be slightly concerned mate, ive never heard of a tuning company called janspeed, there is an exhaust company called janspeed?

Also you should have researched first before you slapped your deposit down on the car

and welcome

Sorry for the lecture

No probs mate. Janspeed's been around for a while though. You have to go deeper into their site to find the tuning stuff.:)

Is this car advertised on the web Andy? or name of the dealership? sounds fishy tbh! and you've hpi'd it?

So a doctor imported it in 1997, has had it 10 years and it's only done 32k miles? so even if he brought the car in brand new that's only 3200 miles per year, so it must have fsh then? and oil change every year even with such low mileage?

Andy please don't rush this and make a big mistake, 9k could get you a nice 6 speed tt from a member off here, this sint the first one you've seen either is it? and how much of a deposit have you put down? refundable?

Is this car advertised on the web Andy? or name of the dealership? sounds fishy tbh!

Sovereign auto's Whitchurch off A34. Found thru autotrader mate.

Dealership's been around 15 , 16 years or so. Owner trained under company that was Lawrencetune. Used to race Le Mans 60's 70's I think.

Andy.

Is this car advertised on the web Andy? or name of the dealership? sounds fishy tbh! and you've hpi'd it?

So a doctor imported it in 1997, has had it 10 years and it's only done 32k miles? so even if he brought the car in brand new that's only 3200 miles per year, so it must have fsh then? and oil change every year even with such low mileage?

Andy please don't rush this and make a big mistake, 9k could get you a nice 6 speed tt from a member off here, this sint the first one you've seen either is it? and how much of a deposit have you put down? refundable?

Thanks Tom. Yep deposit's refundable. Not looking to make a mistake. If I find one item out of sync. paperwork, receipts, any I Walk away.

Looks completely stock :), any more photo's of the car at all?

If both cats are in place it's probaby most likely around 300-320bhp :)

Thinin' this too. Bullshit dealer figures don't impress. Reseving opinion until I see all the receipts and phone Janspeed.

Here's the rest of the pics. Which do impress. Really appreciate the time you're taking with this Tom. Thanks.

Soop.jpg

TOYOTA%20SUPRA%20Twin%20Turbo%20008.jpg

TOYOTA%20SUPRA%20Twin%20Turbo%20010.jpg

TOYOTA%20SUPRA%20Twin%20Turbo%20011.jpg

TOYOTA%20SUPRA%20Twin%20Turbo%20019.jpg

Guest jonzo

Hiya ! new lad here ! ...I went and saw that car the other week, but did u notice it needed two new back tyres and the left hand side sill is damaged. I have no idea about the dr thing i must admit the dealer never mentioned that to me. Also when we started it up a waterfall came out the exhaust and the oil filler cap was very gunged up with white stuff. How did u get on ??

Hiya ! new lad here ! ...I went and saw that car the other week, but did u notice it needed two new back tyres and the left hand side sill is damaged. I have no idea about the dr thing i must admit the dealer never mentioned that to me. Also when we started it up a waterfall came out the exhaust and the oil filler cap was very gunged up with white stuff. How did u get on ??[/QUOT

You kiddin' tw@t took a deposit. Gunge in cap :

= head gasket=shite. 32k on the clock and gasket gone. Fu;:@n better not be. Cos me and the lads'll be there pronto.