The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can't choose!

cheekymonkey

I dont have a front plate on, had my car for 2yrs now, been stopped once by a street bobby...never had a clue what she was doin!

When I picked up my car form London I must have drove by about 20police traffic and street and no one bated an eyelid...except a few bobbies in a riot van drooling!;)

I keep it inside the car on top of the dash...my excuse if ever stopped...it fell off sir;)

the thing is, both of the above plates are only good when you have the supra, once its gone they re not any good to you really, you better get something that says your name or something that you can move from car to car ;)

I have 2 plates that Im using on my both cars and 1 has been moving from car to car for a few years now, the other one (MAS one) I just bought for over a £G

the thing is, both of the above plates are only good when you have the supra, once its gone they re not any good to you really, you better get something that says your name or something that you can move from car to car ;)

Yeah thought of that, but I'd just get another Supra!

Seriously though, if it's a standard £250 DVLA job then it's hardly mega money to include with the car at time of sale, just like any other mod you may do.

My parents cursed with with 2 middle names so can't even get my initials done properly :D

Second one is "more" supra.

Every time I read a post like this it send a shiver down my spine reminding me that I could get 3 points for my "VERY" undersized front plate. The main thing is with having iffy plates is , evrything else on the car has to be bang on ,tyres etc as the plate is the excuse for a pull then they can go through the car with a tooth comb if this want to (cats sir):(

Good point. My front plate is the size of a postage stamp, I thought you just got fined for having a small plate. I don't fancy 3 points tbh??:(

H.

I previously thought the same, fine etc .. so what.... but 3 valuable points used up.....I have put the full size plate in the boot now, if I get a pull I will try and bullshit that I was going to change it over "later"

What you have to rely on is that the average plod wont know the full letter of the law, so if you got a pull and he said "thats too small sir bla bla " you could then ask him what the exact legal size and spacing is and the motor bike sizes legit for a car etc.... the chances are he will not know and at that point if you eat humble pie and promise to change the tomorrow he would probably be happy to let it go at that thinking he has got the upper hand on YOU....

I previously thought the same, fine etc .. so what.... but 3 valuable points used up.....I have put the full size plate in the boot now, if I get a pull I will try and bullshit that I was going to change it over "later"

What you have to rely on is that the average plod wont know the full letter of the law, so if you got a pull and he said "thats too small sir bla bla " you could then ask him what the exact legal size and spacing is and the motor bike sizes legit for a car etc.... the chances are he will not know and at that point if you eat humble pie and promise to change the tomorrow he would probably be happy to let it go at that thinking he has got the upper hand on YOU....

We could do with an official Police opinion on this (Doug/Steve..:search: ). My plate was on when I bought it and there is a proper sized one in the boot. They guy in Scotland who owned the car previously said he'd been driving around for 2 years without being pulled but I wonder how long it will take before my friends at GMP will show an interest??

H.

Yeah thought of that, but I'd just get another Supra!

Seriously though, if it's a standard £250 DVLA job then it's hardly mega money to include with the car at time of sale, just like any other mod you may do.

My parents cursed with with 2 middle names so can't even get my initials done properly :D

If you don't get a soop, just flog the plate with the car. Good selling point and you can get a further profit.. Bargain plate @ 250, either or, 2nd is beter. @ DVLA adding TOY on the end = 400+ notes. Just a guideline......:D

EG I wanted RO03 SOO our names, ish. £600 @DVLA. RO03 TOY = £1000. Do the math.