The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Price Guide??

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

Hi folks,

New to the site and ive been interested in buying a Supra for some time now. Not too many in the Irish market so im looking at importing a UK spec model or importing directly from Japan Myself.

Ideally im after a Black Twin Turbo, manual or auto.

Im looking for a price guide for a particular supra if anyone would mind telling me if its over/under priced and what i should be paying id be very greatful.

1994 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 Turbo 3dr Auto Liftback

79k miles,

326 BHP (not 280 like the imports),

Exterior is standard and in prestine cond,

Full Hide cream leather interior,

Full Toyota Service History,

Long M.O.T, Six months Tax,

Recently serviced with new alarm

Car is standard with no after market parts. Can someone give me an idea of what i should be paying for this in £sterling, would 10,000k be too high??

Many thanks, any advice appreciated.

It is too high... Even for UK version. I would say it is worth 8k maximum :p

Contact Jurgen from our forum (he is importer) or CJ (he is usually selling Supras already registered in UK) - both in trader section of this forum, both have very good opinion.

1994 TOYOTA SUPRA 3.0 Turbo 3dr Auto Liftback

79k miles,

326 BHP (not 280 like the imports),

Exterior is standard and in prestine cond,

Full Hide cream leather interior,

Full Toyota Service History,

Long M.O.T, Six months Tax,

Recently serviced with new alarm

Car is standard with no after market parts. Can someone give me an idea of what i should be paying for this in £sterling, would 10,000k be too high??

It's £9450, isn't it?

You could get yourself a nice manual j-spec for that kind of money. I know which I'd rather have.

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R

Yea, Supra Dupra from the site has been giving me loads of advice. Im going to go manual if i can, just that particular car is mint!

Ideally looking for

a 1994-98 Black TT manual, UK/J-spec, with cream leather interior

or

a 1994-98 Black TT auto Targa/Aero, UK/J-spec with cream leather interior

Like I was saying your best bet is manual, because at the end of the day its easier shift on, autos are even harder sell over ourside of the pond. Also you'll have a wider choice when you dont restrict yourself to uk spec only, which more than likely have higher mileage.

Like konio-nt said chat with jurgen, and have a peek around the for sale section aswell.

Cream leather interiors will limit the search down a fair bit.

As for imports as far as I'm aware imports are 326bhp. Only reason they were listed as 280bhp was due to a gentlemans agreement between Nissan and few other companies and the government where they agree'd not to produce cars over this power therefore listed it at 280bhp even though it was more.

Sure some of the more clue'd up members can confirm or dis-approve that but there not on at 4.41am :)

To be honest i dont think thats too expensive. It's a uk car and 79k is low for uk's. Plus if it has FTSH then it's gonna keep going for a long, long time. Looking at the pics it seems to be in a1 condition and obviously you'd knock him down a bit on the price, probably 9k. I think its worth a look personally

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
Cream leather interiors will limit the search down a fair bit.

As for imports as far as I'm aware imports are 326bhp. Only reason they were listed as 280bhp was due to a gentlemans agreement between Nissan and few other companies and the government where they agree'd not to produce cars over this power therefore listed it at 280bhp even though it was more.

Sure some of the more clue'd up members can confirm or dis-approve that but there not on at 4.41am :)

Question on the Hide Cream leather interior? if this doesnt come with the car how much am i looking at speniding roughly to get it?

as for the BHP, is it the same on UK/Jspec Supras?

Am i better off going for the Uk spec considering the extras they have excluding the generally higher mileage!?

Question on the Hide Cream leather interior? if this doesnt come with the car how much am i looking at speniding roughly to get it?

as for the BHP, is it the same on UK/Jspec Supras?

Am i better off going for the Uk spec considering the extras they have excluding the generally higher mileage!?

AFAIK cream leather was only sold on UK's therefore i imagine it would be extremely difficult tracking down original bits. Therefore u are limited to uk cars really.

BHP is the same on UK/Jspec

This is a matter of opinion. Imports have generally been treated much better than uk cars in terms of servicing, mileage is very low on some jspecs whereas uk cars are nearly all at the 100k mark. You get extra goodies with Uk cars such as the headlight washers but its up to you whether or not you're bothered about these.

I have a GZ which is the top jspec model. Comes with leather, active spoiler and other goodies. I would look for one of them if you are after leather and all the gizmos. But then again they were only sold with autos.

Hope this helps, Richie

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
I have a stock 94 GZ J spec in silver which will be up for sale very shortly. So active spoiler and full leather, only 70k plus fully serviced eg cambelt all done etc. Ill be putting it up for sale in the low sixes.

So bear that in mind for a price guide.

Wud you mind pm'ing me the price of which you intend to sell it for, just for guidance as to what im after. Id be interested in looking at yours, but im only after black.

Also are GZ jap spec model supras all auto????

thats what im thinking...

heres one for you lads, long link i know

on this link look at the 5th supra down

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=2&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw19+3rq&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=2&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=60&ukcarsearch_full.y=8

then on this link look at the 4th Supra down

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=3&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw19+3rq&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=2&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=60&ukcarsearch_full.y=8

How can you justify these price differences???

TBH the owner of the second car must have been smoking something. That's way more than he's gonna get. Compare it with similar car in the for sale section of this site and check out the difference. Even the first one seems over priced itself. Mileage is not stated (which generally means its gonna be high) and it doesn't even state if its a TT or not!

BHP is the same on UK/Jspec

This is a matter of opinion. Imports have generally been treated much better than uk cars in terms of servicing, mileage is very low on some jspecs whereas uk cars are nearly all at the 100k mark. You get extra goodies with Uk cars such as the headlight washers but its up to you whether or not you're bothered about these.

BHP is not the same... its very rare that a stock dyno sheet from a half decent rolling road has matched stock UK spec figures... but if he plans on modding it this is irrelevant.

Thats a very big assumption re: treatment of the cars... kinda like saying most imports have probably been clocked at some point in their life! There are plenty of nice examples and bad ones from both markets.

Guest FKARichie-Supra-R
TBH the owner of the second car must have been smoking something. That's way more than he's gonna get. Compare it with similar car in the for sale section of this site and check out the difference. Even the first one seems over priced itself. Mileage is not stated (which generally means its gonna be high) and it doesn't even state if its a TT or not!

well i emailed him with a number of links to similar cars showing that is car is a tad over priced and had it been a manual id be close to paying that and he has basically sent an abusive email back accusing me of being a time waster, etc etc, realistically what price is this car worth???

The black 1994 TT AUTO (6th one down the page)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?page=3&searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=block&sort=&hassearched=Y&make=TOYOTA&min_pr=75&source=0&model=SUPRA&max_pr=&miles=1500&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=sw19+3rq&variant=&bodyid=0&trim=&fuelid=0&colour=2&transmissionid=0&keywords=&ukcarsearch_full.x=50&ukcarsearch_full.y=1

Whenever a car is modded (be it performance or just cosmetically) this is normally lost money in my opinion. I don't know particularly much about the mods he's done or whether it is over 350bhp (i'm sure someone will be along soon). Realistically I don't think it's be worth paying 7K for that (provided it is in good condition). I know you really want a black one but there have been some really nice supes for sale here for less than 7K recently, one being a UK spec, and another fully BPU (although I don't think either were black). I know its difficult, but its a waiting game. I'd give the car in the advert a miss purely because of the replies to your emails. Even though summer is approaching I'd still say the buyer has the edge over the seller at the moment.

Just as a guide, my car is a 1993 stock RZ Auto with approx 33,000 miles (thought to be genuine considering condition of engine and interior) and I don't think I'd get much over 5K for it (maybe because its silver ;) ).