The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oil Leaking

supratony

I've got the same problem by the sound of it, does it look like this?

I've been told that it would be a good idea to replace the gasket which would help.

In the meantime I'd like to know what the best product is for cleaning the oil off the engine so a bit of searching will be needed :)

Yeah, I think the way things are going, it's gotta be a new gasket. That way I have a good excuse to clean the lot up for the first time ever :)

Any products recommended to clean around those areas and even the cam covers as they're really dull?

I've done some reading and there's a lot of products to use, Autosol, Chrome Wheels, degreasers etc etc - bit confusing :)

I find an aerosol tin of brake cleaner is a quick and easy way of cleaning off oil stins especially in hard to reach areas....... sounds like a detergant ad!

Just point and spray and it should blast it off, except maybe were oils burnt on but that would have to be in an area of extreme temps like exhaust manifols, heatsheilds etc.

Then when clean polish up with a decent metal polish Autosol, Peek are pretty good. I was not too impressed with Autoglym Metal Polish when i tried it last but that's just my opinion.

:)