The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra's a Classic

Greenauto

Like many of you on here the Supra was my childhood dream car. First time I saw one I knew I had to have one, she will be mine oh yes! she will be mine...

Things have been goin pretty good recently and I'm now able to get one. So a couple weeks back me and the girlfriend went along to have a looky at a few. Almost straight away I had chosen my car but had a great time testing the Sup's on offer. We got back up north late that night, dropped off the missus and I headed home still buzzin from the purchase. Only the wait to contend with now....

Sitting in the living room watching the TV this weekend past. Girlfriends 14 year old son starts asking me about the car. It's obvious that his mum has told him a bit about it already. So I explain that its an NA and what that means. He still seems impressed even though its not a twin. Go on to tell him about the car. About five minutes into the conversation he asks how old it is. Now I know its an old car at 95 but what he said next took my aback.

'So its an Antique' he blurts out!

Haha just about wet myself. He quickly corrects himself and says Classic. CLASSIC!:)

the age of the cars doesn't bother me one bit as they still look good, i would like a rear facing camera to take a pic of the face of the beamer/merc/porsche owners when a 13 year old jap car absolutely rips them up for arse paper, does the car have to 15 years old to count as a classic ?

Isn't it just, How old does the car have to be out of interest?

As stated above it really doesn't matter to me the age of the car cause I've wanted one for such a long time and it seems to be one of the most bomb proof performance motors for the money!

We'll see if I'm still saying that in 6 months time but I hope so.

the age of the cars doesn't bother me one bit as they still look good, i would like a rear facing camera to take a pic of the face of the beamer/merc/porsche owners when a 13 year old jap car absolutely rips them up for arse paper, does the car have to 15 years old to count as a classic ?

Yes, in the case of the Supra it is 15 years according to my insurance company. Other cars will have different lengths of time before they are classed as classics!!

H.

Like many of you on here the Supra was my childhood dream car. First time I saw one I knew I had to have one, she will be mine oh yes! she will be mine...

I was 15 when the mkiv came out,... wanted one, never thought i would get one though!

cant believe my car is 14 years old!