The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Woohoo - got my car back!

Homer

After 2 months of it out of action during the turbo build, then another 3 months finding some wierd and wonderful faults, it's finally back and running *almost* properly :D

I'm over the bloody moon about it... been riding a push bike for the best part of 5 months so it's nice to be back in a lovely warm car! Also forgot how good it sounds :D

Next step is to sort the idle out and get Ian to map it...

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to Matt Harwood and Mark @ Phoenix for their time today. Was very impressed with the bill from Mark too ;)

About time innit? :D

Yep, the conversion project finished a little later than expected.. my original scheduled said 2 weeks :rlol:

Ah - you probably saw mine at Phoenix then. It was the lovely blue one. :D

Indeed I did, spent the afternoon sat next to it :) Nice looking car.

Great news mate, and i have a theory about the idle but need to know a few bits more :)

I was going to give you a call about this, Matt has almost exactly the same spec as me and had exactly the same issues. We're going to do some more playing but pretty sure we've found out what the problem is. Got time for a chat tomorrow, would be good to compare notes :)

Glad you got it fixed mate, but what were all the problems you had???

There were many! Some related to being given wrong info (or me making bad assumptions), e.g the fact that the recommended MOHDParts site contains completly wrong info for JDM cars

- EMB blue dial switches were wrong (Thanks to Marty for pointing this out)

- EMB jumper settings were wrong

- Numb nuts here apparently filled the tank with Diesel (yes, really! :rolleyes: )

- Intermittant crank sensor failure (an absolute b*tch to find this one)

- Injector insulators had shrunk with old age

- O2 sensor failed

and finally, there is an apparent issue with the EMB and injectors this size. This is yet to be sorted. There were a few more items but I forget them for now.

Just glad its almost there!

Edit - re the biggie, Mark has ruled that out thankfully. I will be sending you an oil sample shortly anyway as it's a nice early warning system# in case anything is wrong (At the price you do that for I would even say its a service item!)