The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to source the headlight adjustment dial and harness??

Guest Jer

Hello everyone, I'm new here and am from the US. Where's a good place to source the harness and the adjustment dial for the headlights? I as well as a buddy have the glass lens headlights and would like to add the adjustment to them as well but nothing can be found over here in the US. I subscribed to this forum primarily to get some assistance from you guys on this matter since you all swap to the non adjustable lights I figured you would pretty much just be throwing them away.

So, where's the best place to source these parts? Thanks for the help! :)

You can get the switch from Toyota, just get the parts guy to switch the EPC.

The part no is 84152-14040 "switch, headlamp levelling. The loom part might be trickier.

There is also a guide on MKIV.com for A DIY version which might be cheaper.

You can find that HERE

You can get the switch from Toyota, just get the parts guy to switch the EPC.

The part no is 84152-14040 "switch, headlamp levelling. The loom part might be trickier.

There is also a guide on MKIV.com for A DIY version which might be cheaper.

You can find that HERE

Thanks for the advice. I've already seen that DIY how to and have been planning this mod for a few years now but just haven't gotten around to it. I have all of the parts needed to do this including a universal rotary switch and knob. I can get the OEM dial here in the US from a couple other Supra guys that bought them and never used them but I don't want to shell out 10x the money for a switch that's going to be harder to make work. I can use spades on the end of wires but that would make removing the dash panel or a headlight a nightmare versus a simple unplug of a harness.

The harnesses are what I'm really interested in at this point but if the price is right on the harness as well as the dial I'll take both. My buddy just got the Euro lights too so he's going to be doing the same mod (read: I'm doing it for him :D) so if I can get two harnesses or two complete sets from the same source to save on shipping to the US that would be ideal.

....there aren't many Uk spec cars in the country at all let alone being broken.

Hmmm... I'm confused. I thought that all of the Supras sold in the UK would have these lights along with this adjustment. Was I mistaken in this??

Hmmm... I'm confused. I thought that all of the Supras sold in the UK would have these lights along with this adjustment. Was I mistaken in this??

You were right, its just we are plauged with Jap import cars. They are kinda like piles.....sooner or later every arsehole gets one lmao. :)

You were right, its just we are plauged with Jap import cars. They are kinda like piles.....sooner or later every arsehole gets one lmao. :)

Haha... okay. Makes sense to me now. :Pling:

I did notice cruising around the forum here that there is a lot of Jspec stuff for sale, wanted or being talked about. I thought it was just the fad there to make everything Jspec. I think it's funny that y'all change out your beautiful and amazingly clear euro lights for the $h!tty plastic ones we have that will fog over within a year and need to be baked in an oven, taken apart and polished and even then the will never be as clear as the glass housings are all the time.

I think it's funny that y'all change out your beautiful and amazingly clear euro lights for the $h!tty plastic ones we have that will fog over within a year and need to be baked in an oven, taken apart and polished and even then the will never be as clear as the glass housings are all the time.

Originally there were only about 600 odd Uk cars that were sold in this country, they all had glass headlights.

The vast majority of Supra's over here are Jap spec imports, my headlights are great . No unnecessary weight on mine!:D

Nobody has these harnesses??

You would probably have to source them from one of our Toyota dealers or a trader who advertises on here.

I'm not sure if they would want the hastle of locating the correct parts and sending them over to the US.

I can imagine this mod never being done before.

I'm emailing dealerships and people to check on prices but it's taking several days this way and still nothing. Not to mention I've heard that they are pretty expensive at the dealerships (there's a surprise, right?)

There has to be people that switch to the Jap Spec lights since so many of you prefer them. Out of those there has to be some Euro specs cars that were swapped out that have them just sitting in a box somewhere or still in the car (causing excess weight since you seem to be into that :D ) that would like to make a few bucks off of them. I guess I expected people to start replying to this thread saying they had them just laying around.

I don't think I'm the first one ever that's wanted to do this.

I don't think I'm the first one ever that's wanted to do this.

I've never heard of anyone on here wanting to do it. :)

Like you say, there's probably some owners who have fitted the J spec lights and have all the stuff you need. But there won't be many of them at all so the likelyhood of them reading this thread isn't high. :(

Like Scooter said, contact "jezzybabes" on here he has lots of cars for breaking.

I've never heard of anyone on here wanting to do it. :)

Like you say, there's probably some owners who have fitted the J spec lights and have all the stuff you need. But there won't be many of them at all so the likelyhood of them reading this thread isn't high. :(

Like Scooter said, contact "jezzybabes" on here he has lots of cars for breaking.

PM has been sent. Just want to cover all my bases and see all of my options.