The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some pics of my shiny Supe today

Rory

I polished my car with Meguires (sp) NXT gen tech wax yesterday, and seems to have given an awesome finish. The pics from my phone don't really do the finish justice, but I took some anyway when I was out a run today :)

I know Im such a pic whore :p

Hi rory, looking good :thumbs:

I use meguires and have to admit it can give an excellent finish. Their 'Gold' wax really brings out a gloss and if you want to get it looking extra sweet ;) go over each panel with their 'ScratchX' followed by Gold. I dont know if you use the techwax shampoo but thats also very good - don't forget your sheepskin mit to keep the scratches to a minimum :D

I think I could do with the scratchX as it has some swirls on it. I tried the Gold class polish before and found it extremely difficult to remove ... that was on my last car, I might give it a go on this one at some point seeing as I have a full bottle.

If I wash the car at home I use NXT gen shampoo which I find excellent... at work ( Im a valeter ) I use an Autosmart shampoo which isn't quite as good but we have excellent jetwash and foamer etc.

Gosh! A completely bodykitless Supra!

With a standard exhaust.

Shame about the side reps :(

I like it without a bodykit, I think its nice to see the clean lines of the car.

Exhaust - yes standard! Hopefully not for long tho, plans are afoot ;)

Side reps ... might stick some clear ones on eventually, not too bothered about them atm really.

Ian - well spotted ;) The muirkirk road is good fun, although its been ages since Ive been up there and the surface is getting really bad :(

Gaz - those side repeaters dont even work, theres no screws to open them up to put bulbs in them either! Im mystified by the point of them.

Nice, very nice. Is the back end even twitchier without the rear spoiler ?

The back end on mine is very planted, the fact it doesnt have turbo torque to deal with helps I guess... but I have 265 wide toyos on the back and the car feels extremely solid and gives you lots of confidence.

I'm not sure what suspension is on mine, I dont think its standard but its superb , still comfy and handling is excellent. It has G.E.M stickers dotted around it with something about damping written on them whatever that means.

Ian - well spotted ;) The muirkirk road is good fun, although its been ages since Ive been up there and the surface is getting really bad :(

QUOTE]

The Strathaven - Muirkirk road is fun in the soop. About 7 of us went along it last September in one of the meets. I think everybody enjoyed it - but it is a bit hard on the cars, especially at speed.

cheers

ian