The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Advice....is this a good price??

morpheus1870

My mate is in the import trade and I have decided to buy this car from him:

1995 (N) SZ-R 5speed manual, 59,000 miles. Championship White, 17" Split Rims, with Wider rears, Veilside Side Skirts, TRD Front & Rear Styling, HKS S/S/Exhaust, Apexi Induction Kit, Greddy Vacuum Gauge.

Interior condition is immaculate apart from the steering.

Exterior is in good condition, a rear spat is in need of a touch up.

Alloys immaculate.

Car drives well, tight gears, no rattles or pulling of steering, idles nice, pulls smooth etc..

In addition he will also be carrying out the following for me:

Full service including cambelt change

New double din (cd/md) headunit

New momo steering wheel

Two brandnew back tyres

Cat1 alarm & imob

Respray rear spats

12months mot

6months tax

£5700....is this a good price?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally missed the SZ-R bit, read it twice too.

You can get cheaper NAs but if it's mint and you like it I guess the price is just slightly higher than it should be, even more so if it's a "mate" doing the deal, doesn't sound like he's doing you any favours.

Do the "R" variants attract a premium over the regular SZs?

Twin Turbo or NA?

What's wrong with the steering wheel? It shouldn't be very worn at 57k.

What year is it?

Why has it been resprayed in Honda white?

The leather on the steering wheel is quite worn. The car hasn't had a respray, its just the wording on the add as championship white.

Totally missed the SZ-R bit, read it twice too.

You can get cheaper NAs but if it's mint and you like it I guess the price is just slightly higher than it should be, even more so if it's a "mate" doing the deal, doesn't sound like he's doing you any favours.

Do the "R" variants attract a premium over the regular SZs?

The car is in good condition, and knowing him since we were kids I'm confident he wouldn't sell me a pile o shite. If anything does come up after the sale I know he will sort it no questions asked.

I wouldn't personally with no history. Wear at 59k my cars seeing 82k and the leather was perfect, If its a new import try and obtain a BITMA (i think thats the spelling) certificate, it will tell you the mileage it left japan with

Quite a high price tag NA's have been going for 2-3k in some sales.

Just as a measure I picked up a 96 Facelift SZ-R in Feb for 5k. It has 80K miles but had a lot of Uk service history and all the previous MOT's.

Is there anything that will back up the milage? If the steering wheel is worn then I would expect the milage to be higher. It doesn't sound like your mate is doing you any favours but if the car is absolutely mint then that's a different matter. Have you seen the car in the flesh?

I thought that mine was mint, we had a damn good look at it too but I have now found little things that annoy me ie, flakey headlights, a couple of scratches and a few marks on the alloys. I have spent £600 getting it mint, although I am really really fussy when it comes to cars.

Price wise it is a little expensive but you've got to look at what you'll spend when you get it too. Changing things can be very expensive.

H.

Just as a measure I picked up a 96 Facelift SZ-R in Feb for 5k. It has 80K miles but had a lot of Uk service history and all the previous MOT's.

Is there anything that will back up the milage? If the steering wheel is worn then I would expect the milage to be higher. It doesn't sound like your mate is doing you any favours but if the car is absolutely mint then that's a different matter. Have you seen the car in the flesh?

I thought that mine was mint, we had a damn good look at it too but I have now found little things that annoy me ie, flakey headlights, a couple of scratches and a few marks on the alloys. I have spent £600 getting it mint, although I am really really fussy when it comes to cars.

Price wise it is a little expensive but you've got to look at what you'll spend when you get it too. Changing things can be very expensive.

H.

Yeah saw the car in the flesh it is in good condition...not mint but good. The headlights are like brandnew after a buff as they were slightly yellow, the interior is spotless, seats have no wear/tear unlike the steering....in regards to what i will have to spend once i get the car...nothing. The full service, T&T, security etc all completed prior to sale.

Deff in two minds now, after seeing you got a 96 face lift for 5k! Deal not done yet, no money has passed hands, I just told him I want it and will see him to sort reciepts etc tomorrow.