The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wipers, How long should they be?

Havard

I have just taken the wipers and wiper arms off the Supe for spraying. Thought I would replace the blades whilst they were off. Nipped down to the local shop and they reckon the blades should be 20" and 21"

The two I have just removed are 500mm (19.1/2") and they are both the same size.

I have done a search but come up with nothing that mentions the sizes! Trivial I know but i like these things to be right.:innocent:

H.

Originally it is 18'' on drivers and 20'' on passenger side, but I installed 20'' on both and working fine - just needed to correct wiper arm a little (mine was set too close to bonnet on passenger side). Ordered from:

http://www.opieoils.co.uk/accessories_workshop/

If you are member here, you got delivery for free. Usually they send in 2 days time, if stuff is on stock - you can get white wipers there :p

Image132.jpg

Image131.jpg

Image121.jpg

Toyota sell them as 500mm for both.

That is what is on. If I got 2 x 20" I think it'll be ok as there is only 5mm too much. Looking at the marks on my windscreen there is a good inch to play with.

Like I said, it's a bit trivial but I am a perfectionist!:D

Thanks Michael & Konio-nt.

H.

Just fitted the wiper blades with the washers on the blade from egay, only £4.99, and they are great. I didn't want to drill holes in the bonnet as its carbonfibre, so fitted these to get me through the MOT. As far as I'm concerned they do the job. Highly recommended:)

Just fitted the wiper blades with the washers on the blade from egay, only £4.99, and they are great. I didn't want to drill holes in the bonnet as its carbonfibre, so fitted these to get me through the MOT. As far as I'm concerned they do the job. Highly recommended:)

I am confused......:blink:

The washer is in the wiper blade??

H.

There are three jets fixed to the wiper blades, you just plug the hose to the blades, and it spays water directly onto the screen:)

Ahh!!

You just pull the pipe out the squirters and fit it to the wiper then, no other mods needed??

H.

My wipers arrived today, I've fitted them but haven't been out to test them - I presume they will do pretty much the same as normal ones. Undecided on the cosmetic side of things, I might like the OEM ones better.

Comparison pics attached with a couple of shots of some OEM ones - I might look into changing the arms to some newer ones next.

wipers-00.JPG

wipers-01.JPG

wipers-02.JPG

wipers-03.JPG

wipers-04.JPG

P1080010.JPG

P1080012.JPG