The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hydraulic Suspension (for Do-Luck Spoiler)

b.weeks

Hi All,

Thinking of getting a Do-Luck front spoiler. Sounds as though they're a bit of a pain to get over speed bumps and multi-story car parks are a no-no. Is it possible to fit hydraulic suspension? Or is this just major expensive and no good for road holding / track days?

Cheers,

Ben.

That looks like the jobby! From the site:

Cup Kits will fit coilovers made by Top Secret, Aragosta, HKS, Cusco, Kei Office, Quantum, Tanabe, Bilstein, Ohlins, Tein

Standard Type Front Cup Kit - $2610

Optional Rear Cup Kit - $1595

Optional Remote Control System - $870

As expected ... not cheap ... doesn't say how much they go up and down by, am assuming at least 5 - 10 cm?

It's parking near the gym that I'm thinking about really :-) Cambridge are anti-motorists and the only place you can park near there is a multistory car park ... so it's for the slopes really.

Not looking for a chav bouncing thing, more something like this:

Which looks similar to the link above.

• 2 weeks later...
Do-luck and stock suspension is fine, Do-luck and lowered suspension is fine, just go a bit slower...

i agree Rob, as long as you're not steaming along a bumpy road it seems ok & speed bumps rarely catch with my OEM bilstein setup

it's just sudden inclines that are the problem for me, e.g. car park ramps, driveway entrances, etc

I was thinking of getting air bags

you can adjust how stiff/soft you want the suspension and the ride height.

You can adjust it to hard and lower for track days or fast cornering etc and then for normal driving raise it and soften the suspension - then when you park drop it so low you cant get clamped :D

I was thinking of getting air bags

you can adjust how stiff/soft you want the suspension and the ride height.

You can adjust it to hard and lower for track days or fast cornering etc and then for normal driving raise it and soften the suspension - then when you park drop it so low you cant get clamped :D

I've heard this is a bit of a no-no for handling though ...

I've heard this is a bit of a no-no for handling though ...

I would like to test it out to see what its really like - maybe if everyone chipped in a few quid each I will test it out and let you know what its like? That way if its crap you have all only lost a few quid and not a thousand or so :D

just drive slower on bumpy roads and over speed bumps.. if you do manage to damage the bumper really bad, you will still be ££s in by just replacing the bumper :)