The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help with tuning Greddy Profec-B spec

RobEvans

Has anyone got one of these BCs???

I have a 1bar restrictor ring and with to hit 1.2 bar with the BC.

Could anyone share their settings with me for gain % and set gain, I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

:(

Iv tried 30% gain and 1.20 set gain (as advised by evo owner) but its not really running over 1 bar

Iv also tried 15% gain and 2.00 set gain, this time I did hit 1.2bar but Iv got a feeling I'm doing something wrong :rolleyes:

Iv also read that turning the gain up to hi can cause detonation.

HELP!

Has anyone got one of these BCs???

I have a 1bar restrictor ring and with to hit 1.2 bar with the BC.

Could anyone share their settings with me for gain % and set gain, I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

:(

Iv tried 30% gain and 1.20 set gain (as advised by evo owner) but its not really running over 1 bar

Iv also tried 15% gain and 2.00 set gain, this time I did hit 1.2bar but Iv got a feeling I'm doing something wrong :rolleyes:

Iv also read that turning the gain up to hi can cause detonation.

HELP!

Hi Rob,

Sounds like your trying to adjust the wrong thing, set would normally be a figure of around 50 approx. The 1.20 bit your trying to adjust sounds to me like the boost limiter? Turn the button on the right to adjust the set, the higher the number the more boost you get, the lower the number the less boost you get. Set the gain at around 20. Make sure the boost limiter is above 1.2 otherwise you'll hit it.

Ta

Hi Rob,

Sounds like your trying to adjust the wrong thing, set would normally be a figure of around 50 approx. The 1.20 bit your trying to adjust sounds to me like the boost limiter? Turn the button on the right to adjust the set, the higher the number the more boost you get, the lower the number the less boost you get. Set the gain at around 20. Make sure the boost limiter is above 1.2 otherwise you'll hit it.

Ta

Thanks Paul, I cant get the set above 35 for some reason:(

Iv set the limmiter to 1.25 bar to;)

Have another play later and I'll post my findings

dip switch's?

I give up with it now and turned it off, Waste of money!

Iv spent £70 it petrol trying to tune it and got nowhere, and accidentally hit 1.4 bar to... that was fun

PS And why do I have "needs to read the rules" under my name?

Its like something my head teacher would write on my report book at primary school when id been naughty lol

dip switch's?

I give up with it now and turned it off, Waste of money!

Iv spent £70 it petrol trying to tune it and got nowhere, and accidentally hit 1.4 bar to... that was fun

PS And why do I have "needs to read the rules" under my name?

Its like something my head teacher would write on my report book at primary school when id been naughty lol

ok mate but it runs my 510 rwhp fine, seriously these are the easiest to set up B/C you can buy, if you have not got the rear dip switchs for the wastegate type set it will not work fullstop, if you are still struggling i suggest you take it to a tuner