The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The bouncy ass / unstable / nervous / rocking / weaving rear end thread

DaveK

The diff mounts have arrived, and I dropped my car at Phoenix this morning. It's having a service, MOT, getting the squeaky clutch pedal fixed, an investigation into why there is a little white smoke from the exhaust sometimes and - of course - the diff mounts.

I pick it up in a week, and will update this thread with the result. It's fairly important since it will have a direct result on how hard I try to sell it.

Just called Phoenix because I forgot to ask Mark to change the gearbox oil (should hopefully remove the occasional reluctance to go into reverse when cold).

It now seems the diff mount may not be the cause. While changing it, he noticed a small amount of rust around the lower control arm on one side (think that's what he called it) - and if he forces it at the right angle, he can find play there.

So - my diff mount had been done, and this control arm will also be done. He's confident this will cure the problem - but if it does come back cured, I won't actually be able to tell which was really the problem.

Any idea if

48710A

48720A

these are the part numbers you require. I think this is beginning to give me a slight problem at the mo

I don't know the part numbers. I can ask Mark - but the next time I talk to him will be Thursday.

Any idea if

48710A

48720A

these are the part numbers you require. I think this is beginning to give me a slight problem at the mo

Alan the full part numbers are:

48710-14110

48720-14110

See EPC diagram attached. If you need prices for these give me a shout.

Picture 1.jpg

Picture 2.jpg

OK Nic, I want a set, will PM you the money tonight when I get home from work - life would be a lot easier if I found a work around for these filters at my work ,, lol

Alan I would need to order the parts, order time would be around 4-5 weeks, plus 5-7 days postage to UK.