The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Refurbed my standard j-spec lights

edge

After reading a few posts i just couldnt resist.

The first light took me 2 evenings to do as i was weary as not to mess it up and i had images of a little blob in my oven.

The second one only took me a few hours.

So those who are not to affraid of a bit if diy give it ago.

I left the oven on most of the time at just under 100 degrees so i could dry the primer/colour quicker but keep an eye on them.

Then gave the lenses a good cut and polish.

Heres the pics

P2020117.JPG

P2020116.JPG

P2020118.JPG

P2030124.JPG

P2030123.JPG

Good job that, tempted with mine..........as im not all that keen on the idea of more glass at the front.

Give it a go. Tin of primer, and satin black and a non-hardening sealant and thats it. Oh and some cut and polish if there a bit yellow like mine were. My main beam dishes were also corroded so i gave them a blast with some realy shiny silver.

job well done there mate, i've done a few in my time with pretty good results too. lets hope they don't mist up on you with this damp weather we've got at the moment:)

I have been waiting for this to happen. I dont drive it in the wet but it sits outside un covered at the moment and so far so good as i tried to make them as air tight as possible. But if they do mist up then its only going to take a few hours to put right,;)