The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hello...FTO convert here

Guest SupraNewbie

Guest SupraNewbie

Got an FTO GPX at the moment and going to make the step up to a TT Supra :) So please be gentle if I ask stupid questions and pester the forums for advice.... :innocent:

Guest SupraNewbie

Thanks...yes FTO has been great, a real looker but it is time for some serious power.

Here is my first noob questions, with the Supra being rear wheel drive is there any difference in driving style/anything to be aware of?

Guest SupraNewbie

If anyone knows of a TT partly/fully modified in any colour than red (don't like red) then let me know. Oh and if anyone wants to PX for an FTO then deffo let me know! :)

Here is my first noob questions, with the Supra being rear wheel drive is there any difference in driving style/anything to be aware of?

Yes, there's a huge difference. You're stepping front a front heavy FF car to an almost 50/50 FR setup. That means a change from understeer to oversteer, if you've not owned a powerful RWD drive car before this might not be the best car to learn in - it is VERY unforgiving.

All I would say is keep it stock for a good 6 months, get used to the way it handles under wet/cold/slippy conditions before you ever considering modifying it.

Is it an auto or 6spd?

Guest SupraNewbie

I have an Auto FTO and fed up with auto so going to get a Manual TT. OK so maybe I will be a bit reserved with my right foot when I get my hands on a supra and get used to how it drives...

Guest SupraNewbie

yep...will post up some pics of FTO shortly, it is very hard to let it go but I hear the spinning of turbos calling my name...

As has already been said. The TT is a wonderful car but there have been stories of the second turbo catching people out in the wet, especially when the auto kicks down.

I have had ny NA for 8 weeks and I am still driving like a fanny!:D

Have a good look around, there are some quality motors knocking around for very good prices too!

Good luck!

H.

Guest SupraNewbie
Check My Garage out as am putting mine up for sale in the next week ;)

Very, very nice! More than I want to spend but I am slowly changing my mind...well need to start thinking about shifting my FTO instead of dragging my feet.

Which spoiler does it have? There are 2 different ones in the pics

Very, very nice! More than I want to spend but I am slowly changing my mind...well need to start thinking about shifting my FTO instead of dragging my feet.

Which spoiler does it have? There are 2 different ones in the pics

Thanks mate. It did have the Veilside 'picnic table' on the back end but I changed it back to the Stock spoiler.

Gaz :)