The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MOT Passed, Turbofit ROCK!, Car Troubles SORTED.......except one Major one anyway!

Sheefa

Hi all,

Bear with me, a little long this post but worth the read of the shocking shi*t I've had to put up with so far on my car!:rolleyes:

The journey of getting my car up and running perfectly continues, but has taken a number of significant steps forward! Firstly, (I'm going to pick it up tomorrow) I can't thank Greg, Sam and the guys ate Turbofit enough for all the work they've done. :) No doubt it's been a bit of a nightmare for them, and also a bit interesting with a couple of horror stories they've found so far!

Firstly, let's get on to the Restrictor Ring. Greg checked to see if the diameter was too small as the car was never boosting above stock boost (0.76 bar and sometimes 0.9 with boost controller). I've been having this problem for a while and it's never been sorted until now. Guess what, there was literally a piece of shitty "tin" fitted in there with a circa 36mm hold shockingly punched through in a noobish fashion - pics to follow. Hence, it would of NEVER gone above stock boost unless I ramped up the settings on my boost controller :innocent: ! I did, but it only fluctuated once or twice to around 0.9bar. This, as Greg said, must of caused a hell of a lot of backpressure which in turn actually caused the severe smoking problem my car had recently as it probably caused a backflow of oil somewhere in the piping.

See thread here: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=101736&highlight=crying

All sorted now though, no signs of smoke and boosting to a healthy 1 - 1.3 bar on my Hybrids - Nice! :D

Ok, now for the Fuelling issues!!:rolleyes: Right, I have an AEM Wideband AFR gauge fitted and the readings have been perfect. Why wouldn't they be after the car has only been boosting at stock boost anyway! When however, Greg replaced the Restrictor Ring and took it out for a blast and good test drive - the AFRs were all over the place. Good below 0.8bar, between 0.8-1bar into the 13's and above 1 bar into the very scary 16/17s! Not good at all. Of course, Greg immediately came off WOT and checked the fuelling lines and pump. A new surprise was to await.

Not sure on the details as Greg only called me today after finding this out, but he has pics. Basically, the previous owner had fitted a Walbro Pump in quite possibly the worst fashion ever by the sounds of it. He had bent stuff to make it fit, cracked the seals around the pump and damaged one of the lines too. That has led to the car not receiving adequate fuel above stock boost, but also on LEFT hand bends! When giving it a little welly around a left bend, Greg said the car would stutter like the injectors weren't firing properly - lack of fuel - and the car would lose revs too. This was because of the way in which the fuel pump was poorly, that's not even the word, DISGRACEFULLY installed with splits on the left hand side. Again, nobody had picked this up until Greg checked the car. Greg sorted this out and now the AFRs are running perfectly :)

Car also passed the MOT today without a problem so well happy there too - Also had a full service.

There's only one issue left to sort it seems now to do with the electronics - see this thread :

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?p=1337005#post1337005

- and understandably Greg doesn't want to mess about with this as he's done a bloody fabulous job with the car already and alarms are a nightmare!

Anyways, looks like I'm getting there. Few HUGE problems as you can tell from the above that haven't been picked up on in the past since I've owned the car anyway. :rolleyes:

I can happily say that I am 100% confident in the work Turbofit have done, they've kept me informed throughout the process and they'll be getting my business forever in the future. :grouphug: Thank you once again Greg and Sam and co - you've been great!:thumbs:

Looks like tomorrow I'll be picking up a decent BPU'd car............for once............finally...............with only another niggle to sort out - even if quite significant! :)

Greg

Oh, as a side note: Michael Huwen (Previous Cockhead Owner who did most of the car work himself) if you ever manage to read this or come back to the forum - fu*king run if I were you because I'm seriously going to pound your head in if I ever see you again...............and break your legs.

This is exactly it though isn't it!! Neither of those problems are actually hugely hard to do problems, both are easily f*wittable. Makes you realise that there are idiota's out there that unwittingly cause thousands of pounds of damage trying to save themselves a couple of quid. Even dare I say it some traders that haven't a scooby doo and cause a fortune of problems (roy spent over a grand failing to diagnose a smoking issue on my old car that turned out to be nothing more than an overfilled autobox that was serviced at a well known trader).

Heres the moral of the tale, if you haven't got the skills, tools, and or available skills, tools, and advice don't mess about with highly technical vehicles. It will end in tears.

Great drive home!! :) Didn't cut out once, a little worried about a couple of large puffs of smoke that come out the rear when I lay off the boost, but think this is just burning fuel :)

Boy is BPU fun!!! 1.3 Bar, great blast all the way home - lovely. :)

PS: Went for a blast in JamiePs car too and that my friends, is fecking SCARY!

But you're BPU+ greg if you have Hybrids tucked under that bonnet of yours.

.................or is it called something different; my mind is a blank:blink:

Indeed, but we'll call it BPU for now, and when people start saying 'My car is faster' then I'll bring out the Trump BPU+ Card buddy :)

Well done matey...a big weight of your shoulders...

nothing worse than not having it 100% and nothing better finding out it was something shockingly stupid and simple.

I'm pleased for you.

Now you just have to track down the jam jared electrician that fitted your alarm!