The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Threat to bike track usage, could spread to cars...

Chris Wilson

Dear all

Some of you may already know about the proposed Off Road Registrations Bill, a Private Members Bill which recently successfully passed its second reading in the House of Commons – the first time a Private Members Bill has achieved this stage of development for over 30 years ! With a high and growing level of back bench support (119 to 19 in favour), the potential for this Bill to become Law is becoming all too real. If you don't know about this Bill, check out this link…

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/main.jhtml;jsessionid=N0L0UHVMR1GOZQFIQMGCFF4AVCBQUIV0?xml=/motoring/2007/03/17/nosplit/mfbike17.xml

Following the second reading of the Bill, the ACU has held discussions with the MCIA, AMCA, NORA, BSMA, YSMA, BSPA and MCRCB as to the best way forward for the industry in light of the proposals. Further face-to-face meetings will be held this week and next to further refine the position of the sport.

The ACU has also lobbied the DCMS, DEFRA, DVLA and MDUK ensuring all agencies are aware of the significant and damaging implications of the Bill, as it is currently worded.

The ACU is strongly encouraging all of its' members to write to their local MP's and express their concern about how damaging this proposed legislation will be to law abiding organised motorcycle sport.

The next stage of the process is Committee stage, where the Industry and Sport (MCIA and ACU) hope to be in a position oppose the Bill and table amendments that will defend the sport.

If you feel you would like to add your voice to the growing anti Bill Lobby, you can sign the Number 10 e-petition at this link…

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/mini-motos

Alternatively, you can drop a line to your local MP…act locally! Template letter can be found at the following address:

http://www.mcia.co.uk/S_Press/SContent.asp?sc=D1BD

Thank you for taking the time to read this message. If you have already done either of the above – and I strongly suspect many of you will have so thank you – forgive me for contacting you.

If you have not, your sport needs you!

If you would like to know more about the Bill or the work that the ACU is doing with its partners to protect the sport, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Kind regards and best wishes

Dave

Dave Luscombe

Business Development Manager

Auto-Cycle Union Ltd.

ACU House

Wood Street

Rugby

CV21 2YX

01788 566430

07831 225798

[email protected]

www.acu.org.uk

i honestly think these people have nothing better to do, no i am positive they have nothing to do, except waste our wages that we have to earn, there is a offroad biking fraternity at work who are allready feeling the pinch these guys are not kids they are in their late 30's early 40's, drive sensibly on well silenced bikes and are considerate to others, next they will be on about electronic speed limiting of bikes ..........then us

yeah i know mate i was being sarcastic, whats worrying is if they do it to bikes then we're next

They are thinking of it already bud. Us bike people are a minority, so in democratic speak, we're ignored. Love to see a car test introduced to match equivalent bike requirements. :innocent: