The mkiv Supra Owners Club

afew questions

ultra_supra

My supra needs a fair bit of work doing to it inside due to previous owner importing it & neglecting it for a good 2 months so

i have afew questions & thought i'd put them all in 1 thread rather than loads of seperate ones.anyway:

1)i have a block of black plastic on either side of my rear number plate (not sure how else to describe them) which i'm thinkin about removing - can this be done or is it actually screwed on...if it leaves holes i'll leave them on...

2)also i have a MOMO steering wheel which looks rather sh!te & have seen one on ebay i like (link below) the seller tells me that it will fit onto the boss that i already have for the MOMO sttering wheel but can anyone tell me if this info is correct?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MILLENIUM-leather-steering-wheel-mr2-sw20-celica-Supra_W0QQitemZ320097217472QQcategoryZ40195QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

3) theres alot of kenwood bits in the car that i want to remove such as 2 double ariels on either side of my rear windscreen & a small block sittin on my dash - can this all be removed with no problems when a headunit is fitted?

i know this was long winded but could jus do with some help!!

thanks!

Ross

P.S yes i know what the search button is but its easier (in this instance) to say what i mean rather than read someone else)

1. It's trim, no idea how it's fixed but common sense would suggest that it has mountings behind the plate - someone with one will be along shortly to say more.

2. It's a Momo copy so I presume it will work.

3. Sounds like the car used to have a TV setup in it, shouldn't have any impact on a new install.

1. The number plate trim is just held on with 2 screws each side (attached underneath at the top of the trim into the bumper I think from memory) and usually double sided tape behind it from memory. They are easily removed, you'll probably just need to clean off the glue from the double sided tape with some white spirit

The number plate trim is no longer avilable to buy new from Toyota, so worth advertising in classifieds, as some people like the look.

2. Most aftermarket steering wheels use the same bolt pattern as Momo. AndyHannah (see Miami GT trade section on the forum) supplies that steering wheel, might be worth getting one from him rather than risk an ebay purchase, he should be able to advise about the fit on your boss.

momo steering wheels have 7cm PCD across the centre holes, so anything with that sort of centre size will fit yours, and that steering wheel is a copy of the milenium momo, you better of buying the real momo one for a bit more or just buying other milenium copies for much cheaper as £70 is alot for a copy to me ;)