The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Clear Front Indicators

SupraJames

Was just wondering if anyone has seen any stock shape indicators with clear lenses. I know you can get the facelift style ones, but really like the shape of the stock ones and the fact they sit further back in the bumper. I am guessing no body makes these, but thought id ask.

Yeah!

Been reading up about how to change over to facelift and it seems like a lot of hassle if there was just the chance of getting clear pre facelift indicators.

Can't see why it would be that difficult for a company to do?

Haha maybe we could even get a group buy together?

Oops True that was aimed at Elmo!

No offence intended Gareth!:)

I think we are talkin about two different things here. I was assuming we were talking about the stock indicators prefacelifts have built into their bumpers. Having had a look at your beautiful Sup I see its your side indicators that are tinted black.

Elmo were you thinking the same as me or did you mean what Gareth is talking about?

I could be wrong but you only need to mess around with wiring looms if you want the side light in with the indicator. IF you just have the indicator bulb in the facelift fronts then im pretty sure its a straight swap.

I bought a pair of clear face-lift indicators off ebay ages ago but I didn't realise how much of a hastle it was to fit them, so if I only want to use the indicators I could use the current looms without the need to snip??

Oh, no offense intented about tinted lights :innocent:

I think we are talkin about two different things here. I was assuming we were talking about the stock indicators prefacelifts have built into their bumpers. Having had a look at your beautiful Sup I see its your side indicators that are tinted black.

Elmo were you thinking the same as me or did you mean what Gareth is talking about?

Yes, I was talking about DIY tinting the front indicators, not the side ones.

I bought a pair of clear face-lift indicators off ebay ages ago but I didn't realise how much of a hastle it was to fit them, so if I only want to use the indicators I could use the current looms without the need to snip??

Oh, no offense intented about tinted lights :innocent:

Yeah im pretty sure you should be able to just screw them in and put the original wiring loom and bulb from your current indicators in without have to cut them.

How do you tint the yellow beasties then?

Just buy a spray can of chavy tint spray, do a few layers with a fine wet and dry between each and hey presto. Like i said i dont think they look too chavy because you cant really see them until they flash, and then they just look orange.

Yeah im pretty sure you should be able to just screw them in and put the original wiring loom and bulb from your current indicators in without have to cut them.

I'll give that a go, just need to make sure I block the bulb holes on the side-light part, I'm sure Duck tape should do the job.

Just blew the dust off my indicators and had a look at the bulbs. I expected to find 1 x indicator bulb and 1 x sidelight bulb, what I found was 1 x large indicator bulb and 1 x small indicator bulb (see photos), so could I buy the facelift sidelight harness from MrT, wire it to the indicators and use both sides of the light as an indicator or, would that look crap?

Sorry, I'm not much good with electrics :(

Well I have a spare set of stock indicators and some perspex sheet laying around so im gonna have a go at making some clear lenses for the stock shape. Just need to make a wood mould and find someone with a vacuum press to shape the perspex. Will update on progress in a few days. :)