The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Anyone commute circa 300 miles a week in their TT?

hadyn

I did and it depends how you push your right foot.

Used to do 400 miles a week in my old Super and that was BPU'd

used to do 240 miles on full tank driving (average) ie. cruising around 80 leptons on the motorway but giving it the odd blast every so ofter, joining motorways etc.

So full tank of V-Power is like £58 here and I guess another £30 worst case (to do the 400) so around £80 for 300-350 miles BPU.

Would be tad cheaper now as new TT i've got isn't BPU

I might be mad but im considering putting my 118k TT with catback and fresh smic as my daily commuter.

I used to commute my old BPU car for 300 miles a week and that used to cost £70 odd quid, so im curious how a stocker will compare...

As an example but why don't you calculate 52 weeks times £70/week. I know you won't work every week due to holidays etc, but I have mentioned '52' as you will want to use your car for other things on your days off.

Total in fuel charges will be: £3640 per year!:blink:

I used to do around 1000 a month in the supra a few years back no real problems with that aside from fuel. I tended to do very early mornig or late at night so cvould maintain a steady pace which helped the old fuel gauge to slow down a bit :D

At the moment i am doing around 100 a week this is costing me £20 in petrol taking it easy with a 6 speed gearbox ;)

I was doing about 3-400 miles a week in my TT auto - most of it was motorway miles. Could get from Peterborough to Benfleet (100miles) in less than half a tank. Probably do a round trip and have about 1/4 tank left. That's taking it real easy though as I need to make sure claiming expenses for petrol at 40 per mile isn't a waste of time.

Plus side is, it's a comfy car to do it in, being an auto means traffic's not a hassle and you've also got plenty of oomph when you need it. And - petrol will all be gone soon so you may aswell enjoy while you can.

I do Hadyn, but then the Supra is my daily driver. Thought about getting a cheap run around, but it really worked out little cash saving compared to the hate of driving it. I may rob a diesel work van at some point, but get stung for the tax.

I'm going 250-300 odd miles per week on the M27 between Southampton and Portsmouth. I get through about 65l of VPower in my UK spec auto. So about £60-65 a week. I could stretch it to 400 miles / 80 lites but that would be boring... and I got at lot of strange looks doing 60mph in the inside lane when I tried it!

Rowland

Christ must be a few fast little trips in there Maz!:)

lol im on the hunt for a run around but spending loads on the supe right now so the 2nd car is on hold for a bit.

actually the other day i tried something as my tank was almost empty, filled up £5 to see if i could get back to leicester with it - drove at steady 70 all the way and got home safely!

i did have a jerry can incase though!

• 2 weeks later...

I got about 350 miles for £75 of Optimax last week. That was mixed a and b road driving and a 3 hour haul through the west midlands safari park on bank holiday monday, stuck in the traffic with the aircon on :)

What mpg is that?