The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Servicing Costs and Details Help

boombastictiger

Hi

Im due to get my N/A serviced in the next 2 weeks or so. I have a few questions so that I understand whats going on and so I dont get ripped off...If anyone could help me please id be greatful. I have done about 25000km in the last year or so...

Around how much should a basic and full service cost?

How long would a these services normally take a mechanic?

What parts will be changed/ inspected.

Anyone recommend any good places around Surrey/South London?

Hi

Im due to get my N/A serviced in the next 2 weeks or so. I have a few questions so that I understand whats going on and so I dont get ripped off...If anyone could help me please id be greatful. I have done about 25000km in the last year or so...

Around how much should a basic and full service cost?

How long would a these services normally take a mechanic?

What parts will be changed/ inspected.

Anyone recommend any good places around Surrey/South London?

You've not done 25,000km without at least an oil change have you?

Anyway - I'd do what most of us in this area do - use Phoenix in Watford. You will not need to worry about being over charged / ripped off and he will do an excellent job.

You've not done 25,000km without at least an oil change have you?

Anyway - I'd do what most of us in this area do - use Phoenix in Watford. You will not need to worry about being over charged / ripped off and he will do an excellent job.

Yeah 25k :( and no change...However there has been a steady oil leak that need fixing, and at 1 point it i didnt realise that the level went really low and so had to top up with fresh oil most of the tank...

What will I expect them to change? Also I have some goodridge brakelines that I want fitting...How much should it cost to get them done?

I got a top to toe check and oil change and oil filter change, and all fluids topped up and checked. Brakes checked all lights so basicly a B service and I used valvoline oil and it cost me £115 in total and that was with a recommended mechanic that a few use on here. Some places can charge up to a few hundred.

Thanks for the PDF's Nic :) , if I was to get a class B service like james, would I EXPECT them to check the car through for problems?

The guy I went to was pretty spot on with his checks tbh, I have been to places that will change oil and filters and thats it, but he went under the car the lot to check it over.

I'm in the far reaches of Surrey too, and promise you that the journey all the way up to Phoenix in Watford is worth it.

To get the same quality of service, level of competence and value for money, I would happily travel 2 or 3 times as far too.