The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The guy who mapped my car

Wez

Hey All,

Just spoken to the guy who mapped my car and he has given me some prices but I am not sure where to post the info.

I have prices for a single car and groups of cars.

Price is same for AEM, Motec etc

His prices are based on mapping the car to its current spec and not per hour, if it takes 1 hour or 3 hours the price is the same.

On top of these costs would be petrol and rolling road time, he uses SRR alot of the time but believe he will travel but the price may change depending on the location.

Thanks

Wez

So Wez, if i ask him i wouldd like a map for say 1.2 bar and another, and then say a week later it still needs tweaking is this the one price??

Hmm interesting point, I wouldnt like to say as he normally completes the map in one session.

What sort of tweaks are you talking about?

When he mapped mine we were on the dyno for a couple of hours and then did a road test to make sure all was ok.

Ok lots of questions coming in so I gave him a quick call :-

His prices are based on mapping a so called happy car with a combination of mods known to work ie, if its an AEM and you havent got an ignition amp dont expect high boost.

If the car has other issues and needs diagnosing you would have to arrange with him seperately.

The prices are for a complete map and within reason if it takes a whole day then it takes a whole day, if for some crazy reason it took 5 days then obviously the cost would need to be addressed.

As for looking at the map after its finished, if the car is still in the same spec, this is cruicial and he is in the area then he will look at it for free, if the car is 300 miles away then you can wait till he is in the area or discuss some travel costs but you will not be charged for the adjustment.

Locations of cars and travel: as part of a deal arranged through me, if there are two or more cars to be looked at he can travel within reason to anywhere in the UK without any extra charge, if one person wants a car looked at in the highlands then this would have to be arranged with him seperately.