The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ali rings

Golddigga

There is a guy on the site who sells aluminum knobs (cue jokes) to go over the heater controls. These look really smart and I have my name down on the next batch.

My question is does anybody know of anyone that does aluminum surrounds for the dials in the dash? Using the same principle as the heater controls are there any dash rings that fit over the existing?

Had a quick look on the Thor site. I don't really want to change the whole dial just the ring that sits on top of the plastic face cover?

Do not know quite what you mean.

Also, has anybody fitted all of the aluminum aux dial kits. I gather this is a dashboard off job?

Thanks

The aux ones is a case of 5 screws iirc take it off and then fit the aux kit. It is one of the simplest things you can do.

Actual dials is a pain in the arse is speedo etc but the warning lighst is less than a 5 min job.

Below is a pic of my car, excuse the quality. Which part is it that you want?

This has the Heater control knobs made by Paul

Thor Dials (speedo ones)

Thor Aux kit (you can just see them)

Thor Temperature dials.

http://img439.imageshack.us/img439/1500/pict1288vc6.jpg

I was actually talking about the ring around the front of the dials as opposed to the dial face itself.

Please find attached your pic with an attempt at highlighting what I am after.

I was just looking to break the dashboard up a bit. I do like the other crome bits you have though. If they are easy to put in then I might have a go.

Thanks

pict1288vc6.jpg

Just bought a set from whifbitz. They are plastic chrome. they were £66 delivered, not cheap but do look the mutts nuts once on. They just fit over the existing ones with adhesive which is already on them when they arrive. go on the whifbitz website foe the number. delivered in 2 days.

There is a guy on the site who sells aluminum knobs (cue jokes) to go over the heater controls. These look really smart and I have my name down on the next batch.

My question is does anybody know of anyone that does aluminum surrounds for the dials in the dash? Using the same principle as the heater controls are there any dash rings that fit over the existing?

You can buy OEM Toyota ones which, I have had on my car for the last .....5yrs and still look good. Yes, they are plastic but, you would never know. You can get these from most of the traders on here.

Here is photo's of what I'm talking about (not my car)

showpost.php?p=1120251&postcount=22

You can buy OEM Toyota ones which, I have had on my car for the last .....5yrs and still look good. Yes, they are plastic but, you would never know. You can get these from most of the traders on here.

Here is photo's of what I'm talking about (not my car)

[qimg]http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showpost.php?p=1120251&postcount=22[/qimg]

That's what I am after!