The mkiv Supra Owners Club

misted indicator

broomie

Mine have been misted up also, but if you can get hold of the little silica gel 'T-bags' from a DIY store, or out of a hi-fi box, etc, pop one in to the area, and leave it for a few days and hopefully the moisture will have gone.

Make sure its a dry day when you mess about with bulbs, cos its so easy to let moisture in and it keeps it in. Its a good thing to do with your headlights too.

indicator all misted up anyone know how to sort this??http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=54588&stc=1&d=1175156313

Get a hairdryer on the lense it will dry it out in mins....thing is the moisture has got in there some how, so why?....the hairdryer will dry it out, but it will come back again unless u sort the problem out.

Maybe the rubbers on the indicator bulb holders have gone??

hope that works for u mate......p.s dont use a heat gun and melt your bumpers ive seen it done before......lol

Get a hairdryer on the lense it will dry it out in mins....thing is the moisture has got in there some how, so why?....the hairdryer will dry it out, but it will come back again unless u sort the problem out.

Maybe the rubbers on the indicator bulb holders have gone??

hope that works for u mate......p.s dont use a heat gun and melt your bumpers ive seen it done before......lol

He probably changed, or first put the bulbs in, on a damp day that may have caused this. When I had my new indicators fitted, it was a wet day, and ever since then I've had moisture problems.

All I can add to this is make sure the bulb and holder is out of the holder when you use the hairdryer as the warm air will need to escape taking the moisture with it. Don't do it too hot tho. A warm setting is enough.

I must do mine this weekend!

I know it's a bit different, but my headlight misted up a couple of weeks ago and using a hairdryer did no good what so ever!:(

Even though I got rid of the moisture, by the time the light had cooled down there was more in there than I originally started with....!!

The seal around the bulb or the seal on the glass may have failed. Good time to get some clear ones me thinks.

H.

they are clear facelift ones!

The first picture looks like they are original facelifts with the orange insert like mine. Is the orange just the bulb then?

The two pictures look different to me. The misted one looks facelift and the picture of the full car looks like they have clear indicators with an orange bulb. Either way I would replace the whole unit. You can spend forever trying to get a decent seal.

Other idea is to put vaseline on the o'ring where the bulb fits??

H.