The mkiv Supra Owners Club

bonnet scoop

liam1

I think the scoop looks mint! Where is the best place to get one and how should you attach it?

I may be having my bonnet sprayed in a couple of weeks. Thinking I might get one......:cool:

H.

They sometimes appear on Ebay for not that many notes, the guys description is comical saying it costs about £15 to fit and about another £15 to paint.

One thing though; if you're gonna fit one use the proper Toyota parts not some crappy fibreglass shit off ebay. It'll work out cheaper in the end, honestly.

:yeahthat:

I don't think the ebay one includes the seals and the panel inside the engine bay, I think it is just a GRP copy of the scoop, the originals are urethane so a lot stronger and easier to work with.

Price for all the parts shown above is £130 including postage

I take it that you have to cut through the bonnet then? Even if it's going on a j-spec?

I might leave it then.....:rolleyes: I actually thought they were just stuck on with a strong adhesive.!!

H.

Cheers Nic,

With mine being an NA would I have to go through all the crap of cutting the main hole? I would prefer to just drill the 8 holes. How do you stop the water getting in too?

H.

I'm not sure TBH, as I've never installed one, so not sure if it would fit without cutting the hole.