The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help needed!

Guest steve982

Guest steve982

Hi to all at Supra MkIV Owners Club!

Although I have been driving various Supras over the last 6 yrs, I have now treated myself to an Imported 94 model, I love it to pieces and think it looks and sounds terrific!

It is however fitted with a host of extras that I cannot tune (I.e. Tv, DVD player, Sat nav) owing to all instruction manuals being in Japanese. I have been told by Panasonic that this system cannot be used in this country........Is this true?

A channel expander has been suggested for the stereo system, but my local dealer told me these are not worth fitting as they only add one more station and the reception is very poor.

Has any one else had these problems?....and if so, what is the solution?

I would love to be able to use all these things without having to go to the expense of ripping everything out and starting again!

Any help that anyone can give would be much appreciated!

Steve :search:

Just imagine all those holidays you can have in Japan and never get lost :p On a serious note though, very frustrating. I brought a mobile when I was a student in greece a few years ago, 3 months after buying it get back to blighty, couldnt unlock it from network. Had to bin it :( Most annoying. sympathise with you and hope you get it sorted out soon m8

Linda

The TV tuner will not be usable. The DVD player may also not work (regions), but even then the text on screen will be in Japanese. The same applies to the radio (channel expanders do work but the frequency range is very limited).

With the price of CD/MP3 players these days I'd just swap it and have something you can use

PS: Welcome

Guest steve982

Just an update!....Have now added a few pics to my garage, will add more as mods are done!......Progress is slow with limited funds!...lol.