The mkiv Supra Owners Club

brake light on boot

go4longer

Guest Phillw454

I did this to mine last weekend!

Ok you see the 2 holes in the plate? you need to undo the bolts on them and the 3rd light will come out.

On mine there was a connector but no wires, so i extended the wires from it and connected it in to the back of 1 of other rear brake lights (spliced in to the loom) The hardest bit is getting the light back in as you have to line the bolts up and its very tight!

If you need any help give me a shout:)

Guest Phillw454

If you get down and look straight in to the light you should be able to see a line of LED's?

Some are just a reflector but mine had it so think yours should to.

It might connect to that spare connector in the pic?

But yes mine just wanst plugged in and didnt have a loom for it:search:

check to see if there is any wiring going into the light from the boot .if there is you may have a bad connection.it looks like a blank plate because there LEDS ,never heard of one not being connected then again i may be wrong

EDIT .wheres that cable with the white connector going ? into the boot lid? PIC 2

My UK's got this too. Any ideas why Toyota decided to put the wires and connector under the trim (second photo) without actually bothering to put a light in place?!? The bolts look like a right pain to undo though, so i'll be crossing that bridge at some point soon :)

My UK's got this too. Any ideas why Toyota decided to put the wires and connector under the trim (second photo) without actually bothering to put a light in place?!? The bolts look like a right pain to undo though, so i'll be crossing that bridge at some point soon :)

IIRC, It's not Toyota's fault, it's because LED brake lights weren't road legal in the UK in 1993. I think the later UK specs did have functional centre brake lights though.