The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Coming back to Supras (mid-life crisis)...

Guest Templar55

Guest Templar55

Hi all!

I'm at that age when I should be over such things as fast cars, but then I thought... If life's downhill from now on, shouldn't it actually get faster? Makes sense (scientifically) to me...

But then, where to go from here? My last 2 cars were a Jun built R33 Skyline GTR & a UK spec Mkiv twin turbo Supra!

Out of the two, the Supra was the more 'pleasant' drive, & lots cheaper to maintain!

After being forced into early retirement due to spinal injuries, (ouch), the last few years I've stuck to 'easier to get into' 4x4's- Landcruiser Amazons, to be precise, but last year I began hankering for a little more speed & agility; I thought I'd found it in my rather insane, quite amazing & futuristic Isuzu Vehicross! 2000 W reg, imported brand new (1 of 10 in UK), 3.2v6 24v DOHC, 5sp TOD auto, ABS, Sports suspension, Recaro's, (4 seat SWB), twin airbags, 33,000 miles genuine, a/c, TV/DVD/Radio/Cassette, reversing camera, 5" tuneable carbon/stainless back box, genuine carbon induction kit... It's fast, (raced in Japan & USA), it drives like a sports car & grips like the proverbial; everyone from kids to grandads want to ask about it!

I've decided to retake the plunge, though, & go back to either a twin turbo or aerotop Supra, egged on by my son & his damned300ZX twin turbo!

So, if anyone has a spare 7 grand or so, or a desperate need for an insane 4x4 & a spare vgc Supra hanging around, it would save me advertising....?

It's nice to be back here- I used to be a member some years ago but lost my way a little; I'll need a hand getting out of a low slung car, but isn't it nice to meet new people every day? Ha ha!;)

VX_C&D6-99_pg104_800.jpg

vc5_edited.JPG

Guest Templar55

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

That single turbo looks great, Martin- I haven't gone too far back in the forum but I'm sad you have to sell it: been there, done it, even had to sell my house when I was forced into early retirement (too young to get my pension, too- thanks, Gordon)!

If I had the cash I'd go for it, like now, (we're 12 miles apart), but the V-cross has to go first!

I can be reached on [email protected]

I've added a couple more photo's- it's back on a W plate, & the twin pea shooter exhaust is sooo binned...

It's great to be back!

And once you hit 50 insurance is nooo problem! ;)

vc1.jpg

vc3.jpg

vc7.jpg

vc9.jpg

vc12.jpg

Guest Templar55

Thanks, Linda

Haven't got photos of last Supra, sorry- my old laptop crashed bigtime & I lost 3 years of stuff (irreplaceable)...

OOPS]Learnt my lesson, though- I store my stuff on a web server now & collect what I need when I need it.[[/OOPS]

Be glad when I get another one...;)

Guest steve982

No Such thing as a mid-life crisis!....lol......Our whole lives are a crisis!!!

I am 49, still chasing around in Supras, and 4yrs ago, took my bike test too!.....Now spoilt for choice when the weather is good as I never know whether to whip the roof off the Supra or jump on the Bike!....lol.

Enjoy whatever you have mate, and most of all, have fun!

Guest Templar55

Thanks, guys!

The wife reckons I have a mid-life crisis every second Tuesday of the month, but what the hell?

Any details on the Weston meet- time/venue? I may drag my Vehicross out for an hour?

I was the co-founder of 'Weston Super Air' some years ago- yes, I dreamt up the name! It was a club for custom air cooled Veedubs (Beetles, Bays, Splitties etc)- great fun, but my drive was a production line of beetles & campers for a couple of years... Had a lot of fun, though, Run to the Sun etc!

I still miss my 66 Splitscreen camper- slammed, empi's, porsche motor, & the terror of the local boy racers in their RS turbo's; "I was burnt off by a VW camper earlier- I need lotsa beer"... I had a 12" external speaker mounted underneath & played Wagners 'Ride of the Valkyries' full blast from Cheddar to Wells each morning- if I had to get up early for work, so should everyone else! I love the sound of culture in the morning... :p

Thanks, guys!

The wife reckons I have a mid-life crisis every second Tuesday of the month, but what the hell?

Any details on the Weston meet- time/venue? I may drag my Vehicross out for an hour?

I was the co-founder of 'Weston Super Air' some years ago- yes, I dreamt up the name! It was a club for custom air cooled Veedubs (Beetles, Bays, Splitties etc)- great fun, but my drive was a production line of beetles & campers for a couple of years... Had a lot of fun, though, Run to the Sun etc!

I still miss my 66 Splitscreen camper- slammed, empi's, porsche motor, & the terror of the local boy racers in their RS turbo's; "I was burnt off by a VW camper earlier- I need lotsa beer"... I had a 12" external speaker mounted underneath & played Wagners 'Ride of the Valkyries' full blast from Cheddar to Wells each morning- if I had to get up early for work, so should everyone else! I love the sound of culture in the morning... :p

Lovin' the image this makes in the head.