The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oulton Park novice track day 24th March

carl0s

I was there!

I was the only Supra there too!

Amanda heard some people at the start/finish line fence saying "I wanna see the Supra". Then they were like "aw. Why's he going slow and indicating all the time? :(" :D ;)

I was lucky enough to have my girlfriend's father-in-law with us who's a bit of a pro, particularly when it comes to Oulton Park, and he took me around a couple of times and explained a lot of stuff to me. I didn't get much time in myself but I'm eager to go back again as I have a lot to learn.

He said "car feels good" :D I didn't know a car could go through bends so quickly. It felt great in the passenger seat, really, incredible.

Malcolm had his little race car there too, but I just missed out on a go in that because I had to shoot out for petrol, and they closed the track 10 minutes early. It's a ZX-12 engined two seater made by Spire Sportscars. Amanda went in it and said it was incredible.

All in all it was a top day. The car loved it - there was smoke pouring from the brake pads after Malcolm took it around for a couple of laps but then it didn't have track pads on it, and the discs had took on a nice bluey tinge :eek: :D

We took lots of photos on the camera but they're all on my laptop, so I just have these two for now:

http://www2.css-networks.com/oulton/1.jpg

http://www2.css-networks.com/oulton/2.jpg