The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra - deaths and injuries

hogmaw

Bit of a morbid topic I know, but does anybody know of any deaths or serious injuries that happened to someone crashing their Supra? I was thinking this cos if for instance I died from a crash, nobody in this club would know. Or if I was injured I might just not even tell the forum about it.

In the 3 years I have been a member I haven't heard of anything bad like this, but surely with the speed and power of these cars and the way we drive them ;) something bad must have happened in this time?

There was the guy with the Perl orange one that had to be cut out 2 years ago, think he broke a leg.

About 4-5 years ago another member was killed in a crash (before my time so not sure who it was)

Again last year there was someone down south that died after a chace with poilce, it was reporting in the papers, but he wasn;t a member.

Despite some serious smashes from members here, nearly everyone has walked away.

Wasn't there a thread about a guy in the south west somewhere that died in a crash in his over winter. I don't think he was a member. Jezzybabes also showed me a Supra in his yard that had had a massive side impact and he believed that the guy's passenger (his girlfriend) may have died. Looked like it had had full lamp post impact in the side. Not a nice thought. From what I've seen elsewhere Supras seem to stand up quite well in crashes as far as the cockpit is concerned. But you're definitely not invincible in them so drive carefully guys, it would be good if we don't ever see another thread on here about fatalities in Supras.

Wasn't there a guy called Tony Ball who died, down Southhampton way, after his wheel collapsed. I believe he took out a motorcyclist as well. This would have been 1998-9 time.

Despite the various discussions about the club heading "downhill" as younger people can afford supras, we've never been at the u8er chav level like a lot of crooooz forums I've trolled where 4 teenagers die in one crash.

Hopefully, that will never happen here.

Lets hope it never happends :(

Most of us appreciate the danagers of powerful cars and don't take chances with them, but accidents DO happen :(

Its always a concern about the club convoy and events when adrenaline and the "show-off factor" makes potentially dangerous situations.

Drive safe.

I remember that SantaPod Convoy a few years ago with that KOed Russian fella that crashed his mondeo.

Changing topic slightly, I've heard one's insurance can be voided if travelling in a car club convoy. Obviously if I crashed I could deny the occurance but other witnesses may well include the fact that there was a convoy of 20 or 30 supras.

Lets hope it never happends :(

Most of us appreciate the danagers of powerful cars and don't take chances with them, but accidents DO happen :(

Its always a concern about the club convoy and events when adrenaline and the "show-off factor" makes potentially dangerous situations.

Drive safe.

I remember that SantaPod Convoy a few years ago with that KOed Russian fella that crashed his mondeo.

I remember that the bugger nearly hit me while i was at the back of the convoy :( He should have had a bloody seatbelty on though

From what people say so far it does seem to be a safe car esp. that many of us drive at high speed. Most crashes that we hear about appear to be of the 'losing the back end round a roundabout at 30mph' type than anything else. Or maybe the Supra driver is just a better driver than most? I know for one that at high speeds I'm concentrating on what I'm doing, not daydreaming or gossiping like most other drivers

Before Karl, I only knew of two fatals- a gunmetal car in Glasgow, and a PHer's uncle died when the car split in half, the seat going with the front half, the safetybelt anchorages going with the back half of the car, ripping his head off.