The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stick on Plates?

Wazz72

How many people use stick on number plates? Im told there illegal, but Ive seen loads of cars with them on. My next door neigbour had a Jag XKR with a set on the front and never got pulled in the two years hes had it. Do any of the members use them and have they had anyproblems with them?

Yes I do, and no I haven't. The DVLA doesn't actually say they are illegal, just that they aren't aware of any that meet the correct standards for reflectivity etc. It's one of those things that in theory they could get you for but never actually would in practise. Provided they are the right size and spacing etc of course.

Just been looking into this the last few days. Just ordered a front plate.

You can get stick on plates that meet the correct reflective standard and that also meet the correct lettering standard. But the DVLA still see them as illegal. This came in around the late

90's. But the place I got mine from said that he has done three sets for coppers.

Apparently the police would rather see a full size stick on, than no plate at all, or one of the small ones. So I would just get a stick on one.

I had a smaller jap size stick on plate on the Veilside bumper and never got pulled. Infact it was suggested by 2 coppers that I put a stick on plate on! (this was because I got pulled for my smaller normal plate and they did not like the JAP plate story)

Took them about 20 mins to decide that! I told them the UK plate was too big and stopped too much air to the rad and FMIC lol - they agreed !!

Just had a new plate for the new bumper made up - its Jap size again :) - im sure I had the law printed out in the glove box once.